Fusionist

Obnoxious Romantic
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Eldeen Modestine
FFXIV Server
Shiva
Just bought it today and spent the last couple of hours beating it, but I still don't have Lightning in my party. I spent a while just getting past the first battle with Caius due to hidden requirements that I can only assume was battle time, and I saw the scenes after the Chaos Bahamut fight, but that's it.

I got that little message of "Chaos was Defeated" or something like that after the second fight, so what am I missing? D:

Oh god, I only got two stars the first time :ness:

(But beating Bahamut got Lightning all the way up to lvl 10 and 999,999 HP o_O)

Yeah, Lighting is epic. She can break the Damage limit too.

I think you only need to beat Bahamut with 5 stars...But I reccomend beating Caius with it too. It'll be easier then.

But how do you know what the ranking with Caius is? Whenever I'm able to move past him to get to Chaos Bahamut, it segues right away :huh:

Anyways, I've spent hours on this with no luck, so I'm calling it quits for now. I did get real close in the last battle. Shifted Lightning to lvl 8, and managed to 4-star it in a little over 10 minutes. But the level offset was -4000, so I guess the sweet spot is lvl 7, but I'm so terrible, I have trouble getting past Caius in time :ness:

That level 10 is a big tease too. I beat Bahamut in 3 minutes with lvl 10, but the level offset is -1000000, so I only got one star X_x

But...I unlocked level 0, so maybe if I beat them both, even if it took a long time, I could get a 5-star ranking...maybe xD

Right I beat Caius after a couple of tries and Bahamut second time. I was lvl 6-7 at that point in time. To beat Caius easily, attack him once then switch to Mage and try to stagger him, don't worry about defending yourself cause he does minimal damage at that point, if he clicks his fingers go into knight and defend. Make sure that his stagger bar drops a little bit at a time by obviously using a commando to slow it up. Stagger him, launch him in the air and then switch to Mage and cast thunder, thunders or whatever you have which will keep him in the air.

Do this till about 600% also use Aura before the stagger I forgot to add, and you should rinse through his HP very quickly. With chaos Bahamas, I started with Aura and blocked any major attack that wasn't a normal swipe. Attacked him once and then went on to use Shaman and the use of gale storm or blade storm is handy against him, it sometimes doesn't hit first time but you will hit him in time.

I forgot to add if he casts a resist to wind, use your Mage and stagger with thunder, or if he goes resist thunder do the shaman moves.

Make sure to try and stagger him before he shifts form because that takes it back down, stagger him the same way as I said Caius and you should be able to do a tone of damage. Make sure your in Knight the entire time he is shifted, cast immortality at the paint when he does Megaflare to survive without taking damage.

As he has a higher defence rate you may need to stagger him twice to get the job done, best of luck :)

Gave it another try, still didn't 5-star Bahamut, so no Lightning for me, but I saw the secret ending. Wtf? Everywhere I searched so far says you can't see the secret ending (and get Lightning) without 5-starring Bahamut.

WHAT IS GOING ON? D:

You need to 5 star bahamut for lightning.

Not sure about the Secret ending, i think it might be 4 stars for that. but I'm positive you have to 5 star Bahamut for lightning.

Forgot to post, but managed to 5-Star Chaos Bahamut with lvl 9 a few of days ago. There was a negative offset, but Lightning was powerful enough at the point to get through both battles fast enough ^_^

Back