FFXIII-2 Discussion Thread

Catnip

Auto-Haste
Veteran
Gil
I just saw the trailer. I have so many god damn questions, but it's just a teaser trailer, so it's pointless to wonder about the game now.

Anyway, I only really have one thing to say about what I saw: Light's new outfit looks like shit compared to before.

Actually, I think it looks like shit, comparison or not. I mean, a bunch of fuckin armor and no pants? Come on, man.

yeah I don't like it either, its almost as if she's gone backwards technology wise??

How come she was able to fight before in just a tanktop and mini skirt?? now she needs armor? Unless she goes back to the past or something I dont' see the need for it...and lulz at feather side piece... it seems to lose a lot of feathers too.. I'd want my money back

yeah I don't like it either, its almost as if she's gone backwards technology wise??

How come she was able to fight before in just a tanktop and mini skirt?? now she needs armor? Unless she goes back to the past or something I dont' see the need for it
I never realized that. most of FF's outfits don't make any sense, so I guess that's why my brain just didn't go there, but you're right I guess. And the no pants thing pretty much defeats the purpose of all that armor anyways

and lulz at feather side piece... it seems to lose a lot of feathers too.. I'd want my money back
lmao

If people who beat XIII remember...

Cocoon was basically destroyed, so all the inhabitants will have to start fresh on Gran Pulse, bringing what technology they can.

Based upon that, it makes sense that it appears they are going backwards in time and technology.

Although, I do believe I had seen somewhere that something happened to Lightning, like she ended up in a different world or something strange. I don't remember though.

From the Final Fantasy wikia page for FFXIII-2...take this with a grain of salt though:

Lightning found herself in a mysterious empty dimension

that still doesn't make any sense...its not like light lost all her clothes at the end of FF13 and needed to make herself a new half-suit of armor?
She also fought on Pulse with her FF13 clothes anyway so we know they work there.

But I guess if she did go to another dimension or something it would make sense about the clothes or if we were seeing light from another time or something... Alternate universe Lightning...who knows

that still doesn't make any sense...its not like light lost all her clothes at the end of FF13 and needed to make herself a new half-suit of armor?
She also fought on Pulse with her FF13 clothes anyway so we know they work there.

But I guess if she did go to another dimension or something it would make sense about the clothes or if we were seeing light from another time or something... Alternate universe Lightning...who knows
but like
could you imagine if she stuck with her old clothes? how boring would that shit be. that's just uninteresting. one of the best things about final fantasy is the designs in each character's costume. this new outfit may be a piece of shit, but it's better they don't stick with the one she wore before

You guys should realize by now that when SE makes a Sequel, they strip the characters of half their clothes, take away half the sense of the 'story' (so XIII-2 had none.. we'll be in the negatives for this one?) and reusing old environments and character models due to laziness just to shove it out quickly and make some quick cash.

....I am slightly intrigued though. But the woman has no ass. She's minus an ass. If she had one, it'd make wearing no pants at least interesting. 19 year old Yuna had more ass than Light.

I thinks it's just supposed to appear more... Pulse-like. I dunno. The feathers kind of remind me of the fur sash thing Vanille wore.

In any case, I'm excited for this. I know Snow will be in it in some form. Just a feeling. I just hope Sazh gets some sort of cameo too.

but like
could you imagine if she stuck with her old clothes? how boring would that shit be. that's just uninteresting. one of the best things about final fantasy is the designs in each character's costume. this new outfit may be a piece of shit, but it's better they don't stick with the one she wore before

They could have at least given her something other than armour. I hope theres an option to change her clothes in the game >.<. I fail to see how armour would help her fighting style. Before she did alot of flips and jumps and was fast on her feet...It's hard to imagine her using those moves when shes wearing all that heavy armour. :/

Haha everytime they change a characters clothing in a sequel (so X-2 and XIII-2) all they do is strip them and make them look stupid.
I agree a change of clothes would be nice but omg plz design the clothes to be awesome at least.

I liked her old outfit more, but I really like this outfit too. I know some people are snidely calling her "Valkyrie Lightning", but I actually think it fits her quite well. That's honestly what I thought of her back in FFXIII with the whole warrior woman riding a stallion, wielding weapons, with Odin as her eidolen.

And again, the lacking butt coverage, I think those feather at her hip was suppose to cover it, so I'm sure the idea of modesty was there, but who knows? As for why there are feathers, we see Vanille and Fang with fur pieces, so maybe Lightning went and hunted herself an accessory? xD

As for just the idea of armour in general, spoilers for FFXIII, but at the end of the game,
the l'cie lost their markings, and possibly they're powers.
Lightning is probably just
a regular ol' human
again and would need all the extra protection.

You guys should realize by now that when SE makes a Sequel, they strip the characters of half their clothes, take away half the sense of the 'story' (so XIII-2 had none.. we'll be in the negatives for this one?) and reusing old environments and character models due to laziness just to shove it out quickly and make some quick cash.

....I am slightly intrigued though. But the woman has no ass. She's minus an ass. If she had one, it'd make wearing no pants at least interesting. 19 year old Yuna had more ass than Light.
What the fuck dude? who cares if she has no ass? she's fuckin hot as shit. she's got a badass personality and she's easy on the eyes. You're picky, bro.

What the fuck dude? who cares if she has no ass? she's fuckin Plain as shit. she's got a bland and boring personality and she's manly on the eyes. You're right, bro.

Fix'd ;)

although I do think she is hot....she's really not sporting the feathers and half armor, but each to their own.

It looks more like a bathing suit, than a suit of armor. But then of course, she'd sink XD. I don't know. Maybe it's just a concept? I mean, it IS just a trailer. Maybe they'll add some pants as an after thought.

All I can say is "why?"

was the original game good enough to warrant a sequel? Hardly. If it didn't have the FF title I would have stopped playing 1/4 of the way through. And a sequel to a sequel is stupid. Take any sequel to a move that has a part 3, 4 or 5 and read it this way (Movie title part 3 part 2)

And sorry but the feathers on light's outfit just make me think of Rinoa.

yeah I agree, why make a sequel to a game that is already in a trilogy :S it boggles the mind.

as people keep stating, its really just for money and money alone, the fact that they're recycling scenes from first one that didn't fit and using them in this one and bringing it out in a year shows this to me plain and simple.

Maybe, and this is just a crazy ass idea, but what if SE actually listened to the cries of their fans and are trying to redeem themselves by making an old fashioned medieval FF? Trying to take the games of the new generation, back to their roots?

What the fuck dude? who cares if she has no ass? she's fuckin hot as shit. she's got a badass personality and she's easy on the eyes. You're picky, bro.

I like my women to have some junk in the trunk. What of it? :mokken:

Funny thing here though-not everyone hated FFXIII. Some even actually liked it. I dare say more people liked than hated the game. I know I certainly was quite happy with the game over-all.

Fair enough if people didn't like the game for whatever reason, but I don't think it's right to just throw a blanket statement like "everyone thought FFXIII sucked" and run with it like it's fact, when it's not :/

When I first heard about this sequel, I thought maybe it would deal with
bringing Fang and Vanille out of the crystal stasis
, but now we're hearing how Lightning is more or less on her own in some desolate dimension?

oh ho ho, lots of hate for her costume. i for one love it, if only because i'm a sucker for armor and even more of a sucker for women in armor, butt-plate or not.

it helps that i'm enjoying FFXIII so far.

Back