Help [FFX] Purifying Salts! Where are they!?

High-potion

dream a little dream.
Gil
I'm trying to get Lulu's sigil in the thunder plains but I'm extremely sick and tired of getting into a random encounter every 3 steps I take. Does anyone know where I can find/steal/buy Purifying Salts from? Thanks.

The easiest way to get these is to unlock Fafnir in the Monster Arena, for which the Keeper rewards you with 99 of them, enough to fashion a No Encounters armor for sure. Fafnir is the Dragon-type Species conquest, so capture at least 4 (I think) of each type of dragon.

However, before you run around doing that, make sure you don't have a No Encounter weapon for Kimhari. I spent the time doing this just to find out that Kimhari had what I wanted all along. :wacky:

Hope that helps. :monster:

I've captured all of the dragon type monsters, but fanfir doesn't appear in the species conquest. The only areas I haven't gone to yet is Inside Sin. I've been inside the Omega Ruins, but I don't remember seeing a dragon enemy in there. I could be wrong though. =/

Ok lets break this advice down for you (it is good advice from Ness).

For the 99 Monsters to Appear during the Arena Species Creation Part, you need to catch 4 of each of the following Dragon type Monsters:

Vouivre (Mi'hen Highroad)
Lamashtu (Mushroom Rock Road)
Kusariqqu (Thunder Plains)
Mushussu (Bikanel Desert)
Nidhogg (Sunken Cave)

A Good tatic is to look up these monsters in the area if you have already caught them and write down how many of each, if one or 2 don't match theres your anwser.

Now a secound way if you don't wish to get 99 all in one go (Which I would suggest going towards) is going back to the Zanarkand Ruins where the Fallen MOnks are. There Rare steal is 1 Purifying Salt. Both types of Fallen Monk have the same Rare Steal.

Another way to steal them is from the Abaddon during the Monster Arena Area Creations. This requires all the monsters Insinde Sin which are:

Exoray
Wraith
Gemini x 2 (Each 1 is counted as a Different Monster)
Demonolith
Great Malboro
Barbatos
Adamantoise
Behemoth King

After doing so you will get 99 Lunar Curtains aswell (Auto Shell if I remember rightly) and the chance to face Abbadon.

Other than that the other way is doing the Species Conquest and making a Hornet by catching Four of the Following Bees:

Killer Bee (Kilika Island)
Bite Bug (Djose Road/Moonflow)
Wasp (Macalania)
Nebiros (Calm Lands)

This will unlock the Hornet that has the Rare steal of 2 Purifying Salts. You get 60 Mana Tonics for Unlocking this monster and it can drop the Accuracy Sphere (Call this added information ^.^)

One more Suggestion is going to the Omega Ruins (go to the Search function when choosing a Location on the Airship and put the X Axis between 69-75 and the Y Axis between 33-38 to find it).

In here there is a monster called the Demonolith (Also found Inside Sin but after you fight the first boss inside Sin. Yes I have tried to hide the spoiler xD). These can drop the No Encounters armour the rate of being every time you kill 1 theres a 50% chance that it will drop a piece of equipment, with a 25% chance of being an armour and a 9% chance or something of it being No Encounters ^.^.

Now to the friendly advice about Lulu's Sigil in the Thunder Plains. There is a Location in the Thunder plains that will cancel out all the typing if you can find it, that will Wedge you into a spot that you won't move from (well you move a bit but after a while you stop).

This can be found in the South area of the Thunder Plains. Keep to the South aswell and Over Half way up hugging the South area (The right side of the Plains) you will notice a Treasure Chest (Water Ball if you do not have it or an empty chest). If you do your jumping here, you will hit the wall (usually it jumps you back to the entrance and u have to keep running) and you will not move (only to jump). Hope any of these suggestions help you!

I managed to get my hands on a armor piece that comes equipped with no encounter from fighting the ghost enemy from The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth(Where you get the Yojimbo summon).

This can be found in the South area of the Thunder Plains. Keep to the South aswell and Over Half way up hugging the South area (The right side of the Plains) you will notice a Treasure Chest (Water Ball if you do not have it or an empty chest). If you do your jumping here, you will hit the wall (usually it jumps you back to the entrance and u have to keep running) and you will not move (only to jump). Hope any of these suggestions help you!

Oh cool! I'll try this out.

Thanks guys. =)

No problem its what we are here for. If you ever need any more help do not hesitate to ask :D/

Back