FFVII remake manga project!

Shadown

Gil
Hi there! I´m new here, and I want to share this with all of us, fans of FFVII. I´m a comic/manga artist, and I´m planning to do something with the FFVII universe, manga related... For now, just testing with those beloved characters, to see how they could look into manga. Something big may happen... Thinking on open a Patreon to help build this and other projects to life. I will be posting more updates and art!

FFVII 01.jpgFFVII 02.jpgFFVII 03.jpg

Ok. This looks BAD. ASS.

Do you have a deviantart? tumblr?

I hope you do the clerith scenes :gonk:

Thanks! I have a Facebook art page: https://www.facebook.com/SebasRieraD/
Also, a Deviantart, but mostly with old stuff: http://sebasrd24.deviantart.com/

clerith scenes? I guess you mean Aerith, rigth? Sure, the idea is to do a remake of the original story, adding new content but respecting all the important stuff and scenes from the original, also the characters.

Clerith = Cloud and Aerith

As a fellow artist who works in the manga style, I've gotta say... I concur. This does indeed look BAD. ASS. You've captured the characters extremely well. It feels stylistically unique erring on the more realistic side of manga. But you still made sure to get important details right, like Cloud's puny but totally ripped arms.

Clerith = Cloud and Aerith

As a fellow artist who works in the manga style, I've gotta say... I concur. This does indeed look BAD. ASS. You've captured the characters extremely well. It feels stylistically unique erring on the more realistic side of manga. But you still made sure to get important details right, like Cloud's puny but totally ripped arms.

Thank you! Of course those are only sketches, not final designs, but I´ve tried to catch the essence of the characters. The style it´s something like a mix between manwa and manga... not the traditional shonen style, but it´s my personal style, where I feel confortable. I have a great writter working on the script right now, and the plan is to do something like a One shot, to show it to the people, and then, decide what to do next.

Midgar.jpgMidgar sketch! We already have the script growing and I must say the first pages will be nice...

I have to say that seeing a comic book / manga version of any of my favourite Final Fantasy games has always been a dream of mine.

I applaud you for making this happen, and I await further updates from you with great interest!

They looks really good, and I think it's better that you follow your own unique blended style. It pays off, I think.

I have to say that seeing a comic book / manga version of any of my favourite Final Fantasy games has always been a dream of mine.

I applaud you for making this happen, and I await further updates from you with great interest!

They looks really good, and I think it's better that you follow your own unique blended style. It pays off, I think.

Thanks! And yes, I´m doing it with my own style, trying to be faithful with the original/remake designs. We´re going to do an interpretation of the original story, but adding more deeper dialogs and adding new scenes. I think people will like once we can release this one shot (And let´s see what happens next)

REALLY great work, can't wait to see more of this project! :D

Fan projects tend to be a dime a dozen these days, so it's always welcome when someone steps up with legitimate skill and talent. I can imagine the amount of time and effort that's going into this, so kudos to you sir!

REALLY great work, can't wait to see more of this project! :D

Fan projects tend to be a dime a dozen these days, so it's always welcome when someone steps up with legitimate skill and talent. I can imagine the amount of time and effort that's going into this, so kudos to you sir!

Thank you!! Man, If I had the time I wish for this... But not for now. Anyway, I will not stop working on it. My friend (the writer) and I are very excited to bring this to life.

UPDATE: Some WIP for Midgar splash page:

15940979_10210805597393518_7835977173171466659_n.jpg15977534_10210805596993508_8462327169763850977_n.jpg

Back