Advent Children FFVII Main theme

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
Did anyone else think that the FFVII main theme needed to be featured in Advent Children? I think the only place we even heard it was in the credits. And I was disappointed because in one of the trailers there was a very pretty piano version of the theme. :(

I think it would have worked well during the opening credits. Or maybe even towards the end where Aerith was healing everyone with geostigma.

Meh... I guess just one more reason to hate AC.

Well, now that you mention it, I don't remember listening to that theme... Hm... either way... I think that seeing that it is the FFVII Main Theme it should have had a lil' more appearance, right, :P

I'm with you there, they should have played the original theme or at least a slightly altered version. It would be nice and would link the movie and the game together a bit more.

I'm with everyone, I never actually recall listening to it...but then again I don't watch credits so if it was there that would be why :monster:
Its pretty sad though that even though its part of the FFVII compilation I don't remember hearing it :wacky:

Main Theme? As in the Overworld theme? I remeber hearing it in a trailer but don't remember hearing it at all in the movie except the credits. It would have been nice to hear it, its my 2nd fave FF theme next to FFIX.

I dont want to go off topic but this seems like a good place to post this. I remember thinking "Did they play the battle music?" by the end of my first viewing. I watched it a second time and realized it played during the fight between Tifa and Loz, a strange piano version :wacky:

Yeah, it would've been nice to have a little taste of it somewhere in the movie, but at least it was in the credits.

I remember noticing this some time in the past. I was so happy to get updated technology for all of the songs, and at the time the theme was the most moving to me and i was disappointed that It wasn't remastered.. Loved the movie though..

Yes, I agree it would have been much better to hear it's Main theme more than once and that once been the credits through the whole film, I don't hate AC for it, I love it but I was abit disapointed.

The main theme as everyone else is saying should have been used for atleast the opening scenes/titles

I really do wish they would have added it. I think that they need to bring it back just normal. It has been awhile since they just had the theme just played out normally in its orginal form.

Hrm, now that I recall, I don't remember hearing the main theme. I don't even remember the song for the credits. I guess it just never really registered on my mind. So...that probably means that I don't really care either way. :wacky: I agree though that just because it's the main theme, it would've been fitting to have the song playing somewhere during the movie.

But it's really no biggie to me.

Like mitsuki said I've seen it over and over and maybe watched through the credits once absent mindedly and only now do i realize it is in the credits.. the reason i felt it was missing is because it isn't on the AC OST.. which is extemely odd to me... I would normally make a big fuss about it, but since CC gave us a fantastic version of it im marginally satisfied.. not fully because its technically not the theme to FF7 and i feel that the AC version would be only remastered..

Well being an avid fan of FFVII, I to thought there would be more reference to the main story. I was dissapointed when I didn't hear any of the music, heck I was such a nerd for FFVII that I the entire disc of the music (midi format) on my CPU.

I've often times thought about why they didn't try to dub an entire movie for FFVII. I mean they do it with other games and FFVII was definetly the best FF game of it's time. Probably the best RPG maybe even the best game (along side with Xenogears) that I've ever played. The story line was so entrapping, the adult themes always get me, and finally put a spin on afterlife as far as games went. (lifestream instead of heaven).

I liked advent children don't get me wrong, fight scenes were definitely awesome, but I have to be true to the original FFVII.

Later.

even though it was in the credits, the version of the Main theme used was really beautiful. Although I like the piano version I really like the orchestrated one used in the credits. ^_^

Back