FFV&FFVI...Remake? [6/26]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra Branford

Running an Orphanage!
Veteran
Gil
In late April, Square-Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto told the world that there were technical issues related to bringing Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI to the Nintendo DS in a way similar to the Final Fantasy III and IV remakes developed by Matrix Software. Hashimoto has indicated that these issues could be resolved with the reveal of the Nintendo 3DS.

67436.jpg

At E3 this year Siliconera was able to have a few words with Hashimoto who had this to say about the 3DS: "As you saw from Nintendo's press conference yesterday, there is new hardware coming out. We knew that was coming. We had to make decisions understanding that there were hardware changes in the near future and where want to put our resources."
When asked about the possibility of Final Fantasy V and VI being remade with the new hardware, Hashimoto laughed and said: "No decision has been made. Rather than creating a V or VI for the current DS we want to take a look to see how 3DS does, how it evolves, and then make a decision." This is a much better indication than saying that there are "technical issues" in the way.

The 3DS is allegedly a powerful system, able to run at least a variant of the Resident Evil 5 engine, so it wouldn't be a surprise if any hardware related issues with bringing Final Fantasy V and VI to the DS would be resolved on the 3DS. Many hardcore Final Fantasy lovers put Final Fantasy VI at the top of their list of series favorites due to its depth, complexity, and the inclusion of a berserk Yeti as a secret character. In my personal opinion as one of those that favors Final Fantasy VI, a remake on the 3DS would be incredible. Moogles in 3D? I think my brains just exploded out of my ears.

Source: Siliconera

----

What problems could they have for V&VI that they didn't have for the other?

Interesting :hmmm: I couldn't actually imagine them having a problem with the resources or the hardware because they're experienced on the NDS and they have a hell of a lot of staff. I think they just want to be too clever with it or make it 3D, something the current DS couldn't do. I'd want it to be released simply because I've never played either of them. :wacky:

I really don't know what sort of problems there could have been when remaking FFV and FFVI on the DS. FFIII and FFIV were remade without major problems. If space is a problem, squeeze it onto two cartridges or something. Since Matrix's last bunch of in-house developed games are all on DS, I'd have thought they'd be totally experienced with the hardware as well.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing them in 3D I guess, but I won't get too excited by that prospect. It's still a rather ambiguous article that provides little in the way of concrete answers.

Hehe For FF V I say fuck that but for VI yeah I would like it to be remade. On 3DS though it might look good. Whats the problem with doing it on DS? If they start remaking FF games on the 3ds they better look GOOD or else I wont even bother. FF IV had really good cgi and Rydia how sge was done in the remake impressed me. If is like that for these future remakes then awesome.

It's good to hear that they're pushing for remakes on the 3DS, or at least playing with the idea. V and VI were more complex and longer games compared to the others, so length and size was probably an issue to squeeze onto an itty bitty cartridge, considering the DS doesn't have the ability to switch out cartridges without having to turn it off, just yet. Maybe that's what they were aiming for.

Any Final Fantasy remake up to VII would be good for the 3DS. I would definitely like to play a remake of VI, again, so long as they keep the IV remake approach.

Hmm :hmmm: A VI remake would be delicious, indeed. Hopefully this means a remake is coming. I just hope they're not chibies. I can't stand those... nor can I take them seriously.

If you wanna remake games SE like you are now........then remake the ones that will sell which is here FFVI.......the development of FFV will slow down the development of FFVI.........it will look good in 3DS though!

It's good to hear that they're pushing for remakes on the 3DS, or at least playing with the idea. V and VI were more complex and longer games compared to the others, so length and size was probably an issue to squeeze onto an itty bitty cartridge, considering the DS doesn't have the ability to switch out cartridges without having to turn it off, just yet. Maybe that's what they were aiming for.

Well, the Nintendo 3DS is stronger than it ever was before. It runs a variant of the RE5 engine -- which looks amazing. :gonk:

I think the cartridges won't be a problem...I think its all the scenes, battle objects and coding that is causing the "technical" problems, I do believe.

Since V and especially VI, are larger than the previous games, it has a lot more features, like Desperation Attacks, large quality movies, sound and graphics.

Who knows, maybe the new system has a way to save content to a hard-drive on the system and then you switch cartridges. :D

I can't wait to see FFV&FFVI remakes. They are my favorite! :x3:

Not to mention the VA's! Dissidia has given the main charas VA's so now there's no reason to just remake them without voices for the rest of the cast, in FMV's and outside FMV's. May be another reason. :hmmm:

I just wanna see Nomura Faris :ness:

Not much to say. I'm all for a FFV and FFVI remake. FFVI seems to have more favour, but I enjoyed FFV plenty so I wanna see BOTH remade.

I thought in Dissidia Bartz Klauser's voice was really lame. Not too bash on the VA's but some in dissidia were pretty bad. But I guess we cant really know as some were voiced for the first time in Dissidia. But Terra's voice I loved and I say keep it. Wonder who will voice Celes and the rest though :hmmm: Cloud's, Tifa's, Aerith's and a few others were really well done.

I want to at least see how 3DS plays out first before making a decision to play FFVI on it, let alone buy the handheld itself.

I haven't bought a DS before, but if 3DS does what I think it does, and more, I'm pretty sure Square-Enix could make something solid with it.

About time, who'd of though they'd have difficulties making a 3 bit game for a hand-held. Unless their were CGI scenes in it like the others then it makes sense...a little.

I have high hope for this, I really look forward to a remake.

And possibly a Terra figurine with the release of the game:yay:

FF6 shouldnt be remade on the ds. At the same time, I dont think it should be made on the psp either. The only way FF6 is gonna shine is if its masterfully re-done for a next-gen console. Its a higher caliber than the classics below it.
Having it on the wii sounds creative, though I doubt that'll happen. I wasnt to impressed with FF3 on the DS. To me it seemed like the only thing they did was up the graphics and run-around, which is acceptable for a DS remake I guess if the game wasnt already insanely outdated. Japan probably didnt want to give FF3 to the US until a DS remake came around simply because it seems like FF9 written by a 5 yr old with crayons.

^
You need to consider that the technical limitations they had back then (during the SNES days) affected the setting's layout of the game which ultimately affected the story. The classic Final Fantasy games were done with a different approach than with modern titles (FF games were more simplistic). And that's not just pertaining to the technology but also to the vision of the game they had back then. If they're going to remake it for the PS3 for example, do you think new players will enjoy it as say, people who have played it on the SNES at the time? If you mean a re-imagining then that would give the developers more freedom to make it next/current gen friendly.

I personally think they should remake it with the approach they took on FFIII and FFIV. The presentation they had on the DS suited and delivered the games well in my opinion. Though I felt the voice acting was redundant.

I just don't want the feel of FFVI to be bastardized and become unrecognizable.

Last edited:
I just hope, that if a remake does come, Nomura won't screw up Terra and Celes and make them "only" magic fighters. That will seriously pissed me off, ya know? Those two were, I daresay, the best with swords in the whole game. And then Dissidia made Terra only use a sword as a small little air combo. :c

Seeing the FMVs in the engine Nintendo3DS can emulate, would be fantastic. It can emulate a variant of RE5! That's awesome for a little, kiddish looking handheld! Although 3D hurts my eyes, I think I'll deal with it.

But how can they have tech problems...when they just made a PS3 short remake demo for FF7? That was out of no where and if they can destroy the tech problems they had with that, then they can do it with VI.

Unless....they want to save FFV&FFVI for remakes on a new system :x3:

About time, who'd of though they'd have difficulties making a 3 bit game for a hand-held. Unless their were CGI scenes in it like the others then it makes sense...a little.

I have high hope for this, I really look forward to a remake.

And possibly a Terra figurine with the release of the game:yay:

Akshually... SE revealled at E3 a new line of Dissidia Trading Arts figures, and Terra was featured as one. Their release date is unknown. :monster: Then again she already has her own Magitek figure as well. =DD
000tatw7

6968jpg.jpg

^ Um...okay *laughs*

Thanks Channy! Its not a bendable character, but its still something.

Maybe the figure (sorta figure) will cause them to remake the game, finally. Maybe if enough people buy her.... *rubs chin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back