Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Social Media Team
Birthweek – FFF 'Then and Now'.
‘Everything changes and nothing remains still... You cannot step twice into the same stream’
This famous phrase, attributed to the Greek philosopher Heraclitus of Ephesus (approximately 535-475 BC), remains popular as a way of expressing the transience of any moment in our lives. You cannot repeat a moment. Even if you returned to the same river, the river in flowing has moved on without you, and with the passing of time you yourself are likely to have changed as well.
Time flows and all things change. Our surroundings change. Our lives change. We change.
The same applies to FFF. Some members have been with this community since it was first formed 10 years ago. Many more (myself included) joined later.
10 years… An entire decade! This is a very long time, although it sometimes feels as if it has passed in a flash. What has changed in 10 years?
Here are a number of questions which people can pick and choose to answer and discuss. You may add your own questions if you wish too! We want to get a discussion going. You do not have to answer them all if you don't want to.
- When did you first join FFF?
- How did you stumble upon FFF?
- How old were you when you registered here? How old are you now?
- Name a few members who welcomed you in the community. Are they still active now?
- First impression of site and staff?
- What does FFF mean to you personally?
- What have you learned in your time here on FFF?
- Have you met any members in real life?
- What has changed on FFF in your time here?
- What is your most valued memory of this community?
- Off forum, how much do you think things have changed in your life in 10 years?
- Has the world changed in 10 years?
You have the option to post two photographs of yourself. One photograph, the ‘Then’, should be either a photograph of yourself from 10 years ago or a photograph of yourself at roughly the moment when you joined FFF.
The second photograph, the ‘Now’, should be a recent photograph of yourself.
Don’t feel pressured to post photographs if you don’t want to, but the option is there.