[FF8] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

Madisuzy

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Mako Points
I would sell my soul to see an anime version of Final Fantasy VIII, as long as it was done well... which is always the sticking point. Then again, I'm just really keen on more Laguna because I'm horribly biased like that. lol Also, a revamped game would be fantastic, but I'd be so scared the makers would change it and stuff it up totally. Game wise, I'd just be thrilled if they re-released it and other older Final Fantasy every time a new console came out, so we never have to say goodbye to it.

Ruelynn

Gil
Mako Points
Absolutely. I'd like to see a prequel for the fact that it wouldn't be mostly love interest based because, in my opinion the Squall Rinoa thing was too hard pressed to be natural which made me not like it. To me they were picking up where Cloud and Tifa or even Aeris left off. It was lazy on the creators part, but still one of the most brilliant final fantasy games out there.

Second: a sequel would be amazing too, because the war is over- I write fan stories like these- but the war is over, they've found each other. What could happen next? I'm very ready for it. But! I hope they change the new system 13 makes my eyes hurt with the tiny print and its very hard to understand. I loved the game design of 12.

A movie absolutely! But... only if its in CG, because they can perfect the magic and system flawlessly. I don't like live action final fantasy no actor could come close. Oh! And Will Friedle must must must do Squall. No exceptions. If you've never seen Batman Beyond go to Netflix and just close your eyes and picture Squall. He's a hero in acting, voice work, and writing.

Hunsdale

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Mako Points
A remake to the ps3 or 4....the answer is hell yes as this is my second favourite final fantasy game ever but an addition would be a no since they wrapped it all up and it is done. to bring it back would mean ruining the game and a prequel just would not fit.

DonBilbo

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Mako Points
No!!!

Maybe a 1:1 Port just better graphics, but I think I wouldn't even play it...
This game is just too good and full of memories so I hope it stays untouched :sneaky:

BustaMo

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
Now that the game's been out for over 15 years, I wouldn't mind a fresh new make of this game. I really wasn't turned off by the graphics or game play at all, it was mostly the story and scientific feel of the game that let me down.

However, I can hope to think that if it is remade on an up-to-date console or even mobile app, it may sparkmy interest to play it very soon again. I'm all for a remake as long as it doesn't take Square-Enix away from it's current projects in the series.

The Witch

I myself am strange and unusual
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
yes! but only if they focus more on the original plot. i'd love to see the themes of time travel explored more thoroughly. but with what they've done to vii and x i am doubtful that they could do it properly. :/ which sucks, because i love this game (and 7 & 10) and would love to see more done with it but square just can't handle it right now.

Unknown King

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Mako Points
i'm starting to think final fantasy 8 remake would be easier than 7. looking at how the characters are drawn in game it isn't quite such a distinct art style as 7. they have more realistic body proportions in 8, a modern interpretation of these characters would be easy there would be little to no artistic compromises. I think this would lend itself well to a complete remake with modern tech.

aaronpaul

aaronpaul
Gil
Mako Points
I will love a remake/spinoff/sequel to it, specially sequel, where the Great Hyne just come back to Earth.

h34rt1lly

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Mako Points
In light of the recent announcement of the FFVII remake...

Yes, I would love a remake of VIII. I hope that the VII remake does well in sales because it means they might invest the time and money to remake VIII as well. However, I would want them to stick to the same script and the same game mechanics/dynamics. No updating/overhaul/introduction of any new systems, like the battle system, Triple Triad, etc. Also, voice acting is touchy. It's like making movie adaptations of books. Everyone has their own image of how the characters sound and you're bound to have fans who dislike the VA they've chosen, regardless of how many others may love them.

As for a sequel...I don't know. I don't think I would want one. I did enjoy VII's Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus but by far, they were nowhere near the original for me. I'm afraid if they tried to do a sequel to VIII that it would end up like X-2 or XIII-2, XIII-3 and that would make me incredibly upset.

pgreener

Gil
Mako Points
I'd love to, maybe find out more about ultimecia's backstory, or perhaps a new challenge
cool idea

ElAirPlaza

Gil
Mako Points
Would be stellar if a FF8 series came out on Netflix directed by Lynch and REwritten by Nojima, where the weirdness and 4th wall breaking are amped up a notch. Basically tethered to the main storyline and stays true to it, but gets fleshed out into a more surrealist slice of life/high school drama type of way with alot of "orphanage flashbacks". Could be just called "SeeD", dreamy Twin Peaks type of vibe. Would be a real trip.