Square Enix Favorite Dragon Quest game (main title)

Which Dragon Quest is your favorite?

• I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • II

• III

• IV

• V

• VI

• IX

• X

• XI

• Total voters

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
We all know that Final Fantasy is Squares prize possession, but the other grand jewel in their library of RPGs is Dragon Quest, Have you played the games before and do you have a favorite, if so which one is your favorite and why?

For me I haven't played them all (VI-IX) out of those I have to say VII is my favorite, although it is very long game and the beginning did drag a bit, I overall found it the most enjoyable. Characters were overall enjoyable and the game was a very good traditional RPG with a nice class set up.

(Fyi I know XI is not out yet outside of Japan, but figure since it is getting close to a release date and people might find it to be the best why not add it to the list now.)

I have to agree! DQ7 is the best out of those I've played too, which is DQ4-7. I've played a bit of 8 and 9 too but I can't really remember them. I've also seen 1-3 as LPs but they are all nes-ified and...meh.

Either way, 7 is my favourite so far since I love the tablet collecting and checking out islands in both the past and present. The music (especially the present time world map music) is really stunning. The NPCs all look really well-done (I think they're designed by someone famous?). I've just loved the first 18 hours ish. I'm currently at the part where you meet the travellers who're journeying to awaken...
The Almighty One

I know that DQ8 is a fan favourite though so it's good to be moving onto that one next. Looking forward to it! Also, I saw a stunning bit of gameplay of the world map, on DQ11 for PS4. That's another one I'm really looking forward to! :lew:

Back