Favorite Boss Battle music

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
Does the FF music section still exist because I couldn't find it.

I'm sure we had a thread like this in the past, but I can't find it.

Which boss battle music was your favorite in the series?

I liked Kuja's "His Dark Messenger".

And Necron's music was very creepy. YOu can hear souls moaning in the background.

In my case I think you mean favorites.

Decisive Battle(FFVI)
Battle with the Four Fiends(FFIV)
Still More Fighting(FFVII)
Dark Messenger(FFIX)
Otherworld(FFX)

Now mind you I have a few more I have yet to mention but the ones listed are my all time favorites. An honorable mention also goes out to One Winged Angel but I think I've heard that one so much that it's awesomeness has kind of died down for me.

Overall, my favourite boss battle music is Maybe I'm A Lion, from FFVIII. I love the way it just builds up for a few seconds at the beginning before a ninja-style "HYAH!" which starts the main bit off. It almost sounds like something out of Streets of Rage. Not to mention the boss itself is just insane. Every time I see it now I think of Gurren Lagann. XD

Coming in second and third are Clash on the Big Bridge (FFXII version) and the Esper Battle theme, respectively. Hearing a fully orchestrated remix of Gilgamesh's theme was one of the highlights of XII's soundtrack, and the Esper battle theme is suitably dramatic, and really adds to the atmosphere when you're fighting some of the more powerful Espers in the game - at least, watching Zodiark decimate your party with Darkja to this is, I think, quite intimidating.

Although I despise the majority of the OST for the game, I'm also quite fond of FFXIII's Born Anew. Its probably because I hate the OST so much that I'm keen on this - here, here is some proper, epic music, as opposed to the trashy battle themes I'd been subjected to from the game up to that point.

I always get distracted by threads when Im looking for summat else :8F:

Ive been whoring the FFIX ost today, and Kujas Dark Messnger is just ace - its Evil Messenger on my list mind...dunno what that's all about, but it's the same, and it's fuckin brilliant - I loooove it when it gets about 2 minutes in

Ultimecias final form as well, that is right up there as well

Ive always looooved JENOVA, I prefer that over OWA. I've always loved that theme

Otherworld from X, and that's about it :hmmm:

Epic battle music just gets you right into the fight

Last edited:
I can't really think of many boss tunes I like from the top of my head other than FFVI's "Decisive Battle" and "Clash/Battle on the Big Bridge" in both FFV and FFXII.

I generally adore FFVI's soundtrack as a whole and "Decisive Battle" is definitely up there near the top. I always find myself humming it whenever it's played in FFVI and I was ecstatic to hear it reappear in FFI while facing the optional FFVI bosses. It's quite upbeat - it gets you motivated to kill the bastard you're fighting.

"Clash on the Big Bridge" - I only first heard it recently while playing through FFV. I've heard the FFXII version on Youtube because I couldn't be bothered to face Gilgamesh in that game. I do enjoy the FFXII version more because as Martel said - it's an actual orchestra-style re-recording of the track. But the one in FFV was really good as well - much better than the ordinary boss tune in that game.

There's probably more, but I can't recall them exactly....

'Summoned Beast Battle' (FFX) is pretty sweet. It like your'e battling God or something. But as far as regular boss themes, I'd go with FFXII's.
In fact, I was impressed with both their soundtracks. 12 had beautifully composed music, and the music on FFX was definitely cranked up.

One Winged Angel (FFVII)
OWA is the First Final Fantasy Boss theme I've heard while playing Kingdom Hearts, and it is by far a classic in my books. I think the theme is very fitting for Sephiroth, and I especially like the sound of the Advent Children Remix.
Otherworld (FFX)
Has a different feel than other Final Fantasy Themes in my opinion. I think it describes the Tidus's story in FFX very well, and it is close in sound to some of the music I listen to on a daily basis.
Clad in Darkness (FFIV)
A very chilling theme in my opinion. It makes the whole Golbez scene much more darker.
Edit-Sorry Nephry I'm editing my post now to give more detail.

Last edited:
Everyone please remember that this is a post count section. Try and give as much detail as possible in your posts and give reasons behind your opinions. Thanks. :)

i like necrons theme love those screaming souls and ff6 final battle against kefka i forgot the name

summoned beast battle music was one of the best music for me...whenever i hear this music, it gives me an adrenaline rush...i dunno why

"Dancing Mad" battle with Kefka's tier Boss and "Maybe I'm a Lion" battle with Griever, also the One Winged Angel but I prefer the recent version that came with Advent Children

Back