Advent Children Er....Denzil?

Addis Hellfire

Black Mage
Gil
Who is this kid?! FFVII is one of my favorite all time games but I don't know who this kid is. Can anybody shed a light on this?

Although I hated Advent Children for the most part, the character of Denzel and the concept of Geostigma were the few well-crafted pieces of the project. The Case of Denzel is, in my opinion, the most successful attempt to enrich and extend the world of FFVII while still working within the limits that the original presented (note that I mean successful in terms of accomplishment, not popularity).

Yeah, Denzel kinda threw me off when I first watched Advent Children. At first I thought I missed something in the game, but after some research, eventually found out about the Case of Denzel and a few other interesting bits.

Honestly though, I didn't appreciate his character as much as I would like. I mean, he probably had more screen time than Marlene did (or maybe about the same), but I was more into Marlene than Denzel, mostly because she was already introduced in the game.

The role that Denzel played was interesting enough and somewhat dramatic due to the fact that he is actually someone important to the main characters' lives. I just found his whole character...a bit boring. =/

Denzel wasn't supposed to be significant; he was basically a prop. He was meant to be a geostigma victim linked to cloud. That's it.

i hadnt finished the game when i first watched the movie so i assumed that he came in later on but well as you know he didnt, anyway i dont like him because he wasnt in the game yet had way more screen time than most of the games main characters

Im sorry but some of us ff fans sound like stereotypical fanatics. For example, apparently anything that deviates from the original is somehow bad... Please unless you have any rationale for not liking something besides "He wasn't in the original so I don't like him.." please keep your ignorance to yourself :) thank you. On that note I liked the character that is Denzel. However I didn't think it was a good move to put him in AC when the only description of his origin lies in a piece of literature most haven't even read because all that does is confuse most of the viewers. Im sure most people would have loved Denzel if he wasn't given such a prominent role in AC and in turn was more in the background.

its hard to believe that they didn't put hi in the original ff7 because then you would have had a clue to who he is and why he is in ff7 advent children!!

its hard to believe that they didn't put hi in the original ff7 because then you would have had a clue to who he is and why he is in ff7 advent children!!

I'm not sure they were planning on all the additions to the FF7 title when they first made it, so that's why Denzel wouldn't have made his appearance in the game.

Also, I'm interested in this Case of Denzel. Is it a book you buy in shops, an online literature piece etc?

^You can the case of Denzel online:
http://one.xthost.info/ffwebnovel/

It will explain ALOT about geostigma if you have any confusion about that. Just click on the link on the side.

Denzel was just a character they added to show the "family" Cloud and Tifa were creating together. He isn't really that important, but alot of people believe he will be the main character if they make a sequel to DOC. They expect him to be the next Cloud or something. I don't really think that he would be a good main character, but that's just me.

If you want to know more about him, just read the Case of Denzel and watch Advent Children. He doesn't have alot of screen time though.

I actually really liked Denzel. It was just cute the way he looked up to Cloud, almost like a father. You could just tell that Denzel wants to grow up to be just like Cloud. He's the role model he never had.

I mean just look at this pic!
ac_0107.jpg

He's already a lot like Cloud lol

Not read the case of densel yet, altho I do have it and I plan on getting around to it....eventually

I always just assumed has some kid they picked up along the way, 2 years is a long time :monster:

Back