Earth Day

Valvalis

THE BROODWICH CANNOT BE DISASSEMBLED!!
Veteran
Gil
It's this Thursday, April 22. Anyone doing anything special? I don't have any specific plans but I was just curious :hmmm:

thats what i was thinking its totally not going to happen though, at leats not in my house, hows everyone gonna find out its earth day on the day? TV, INTERNET AND RADIO :caps: i might actually attempt this but i dont think the world can go a day without electrical appliances. i know i cant.

I dont think people here have anything special to do since their always or usually here all the time,this is their special thing,the actual site. ff forums

There are other forms of media than broadcast. And people will find out by being told beforehand. That way they know when the day is coming, and when to turn them all off.

Apparently burning a candle causes more pollution than a light bulb lit for the same amount of time, so switching off your lights and lighting a candle won't actually achieve anything.

The Dоctor;711190 said:
Apparently burning a candle causes more pollution than a light bulb lit for the same amount of time, so switching off your lights and lighting a candle won't actually achieve anything.

it does..... a bigger hole in the O-Zone layer :hmmm:

I'll probably just leave all the lights and electrical appliances on while I go to work.

I'm not sure if Earth Day has an electricity-shutdown event, I know there's an "Earth Hour" where they do this but I'm not sure whether it's on the same day :hmmm: Really it seems kind of silly though; people end up just doing it as a fad and don't actually learn anything from whatever the stats are on how much energy they're saving. If they really wanted to make a difference they'd do it more often than once a year.

I'll be at school from 8:30-5, and then I have a ton of homework to do that night. So I won't be doing anything special. The next day is going to be extremely hectic. There will probably be things going on at my school though for Earth day.

I'm not sure about the electricity thing either. I've heard of people shutting off their electricity for a certain amount of time, but not sure if that is Earth day. I don't know how long I could go without electricity...

Back