E-GFX

Ewan

The mark of my deity shall scar thy D.N.A.
Veteran
Gil
A thread for my GFX. :D

2vdjg91.jpg

Last edited:
No, I wish I did those effects! I basically just experimented with a gaussian blur on the render, changed the lighting and made the background. I'm going to read/watch some more tutorials though :D

Made using a grunge tutorial and added some bits of my own (double lines). Learnt how to use gradient maps and practiced some blending. Much better than the first one IMO :D

10wvhbm.jpg

The latest one is lovely!

The background looks good with that gridded pattern blended in on the corners and you've blended the guy in rather well.

I would suggest moving the guy towards the middle more and the text closer to the guy as well, to establish the focal point.

The font used looks great and the two lines on the left look interesting.

I would also suggest you put a little more light towards the character so that he doesn't get too lost amongst the background.

Other than that, well done. =)

Yeah that grunge one is tight, for your 2nd attempt? Pretty impressive, but the lighting behind him kinda ruins the flow imo.

I cut the render myself (It was a b**ch) and moved the render and text closer together to make a better focal point (as advised :D).

17sf95.jpg

Last edited:
Made using a grunge tutorial and added some bits of my own (double lines). Learnt how to use gradient maps and practiced some blending. Much better than the first one IMO :D

10wvhbm.jpg
For a second attempt that's much better than most beginners I've seen, congrats! The background and render fit well together and I think the double lines really suit it too! Not a huge fan of the font but I wouldn't worry about that, I'd expect that from every beginner, hell, even experienced GFXers have font problems, although the colour of it suits the theme of the sig :) I'd also move the the text closer to the render otherwise it seems to have 2 focal points. Other than the text thing, as expected, it's an overall excellent sig for your 2nd attempt!

29z4tjn.jpg

Last edited:

This one looks well done.

I like the colour theme and the blurriness of the background. Those little colourful circles fit in nicely too.

The motion filter you seem to have on the girl doesn't look so good though in my opinion. It looks a bit off. I would take that away and just have the girl sitting there as she already is.

The font looks a bit too glitchy/rough too. It would look better if it were smoother and less thick.

Lovely border and I like how it's the same colour as the text. =)

This one looks nice.

The grungy background looks okay but I think the space over on the right is too empty.

Either move the character into the middle more and darken the edges or make the signature smaller and have less empty space on the right.

The text going down the middle seems to cut off the space at the moment and doesn't look so good.

The font used looks good and the diagonal position looks nice.

I would suggest toning down the red aura around the guy though. It looks a bit too much.

Other than that good work.

Still getting to grips with the basics :)

zkftpe.jpg

1z4wuxk.jpg

Last edited:
That second attempt is pretty good. :)
But the lighting is off.
The quality is a bit flat.
Nice blending.
Work on depth.
Work on getting your textures right.

But this is a good start.
Keep on going. :)

A signature with a bit more complexity.

vglmkn.jpg

This one looks great!

I love the colours and the blending is done very well.

The focal point is well done and the detail in the background looks fantastic!

I love the floral theme and the text is very fitting. =D

Lovely font selected too by the way!

The border rounds it off nicely and I like how it's a light shade of pink. =)

:gasp: ^^^^ As Kandy said.

I love the border, yes, I'm not a pink fan, but it looks so nice, the shoft shaded pink border. It rounds it off so nicely. This is a really great signature, font is really nice, focal point is there, colours match. Omnom <3 Really nice.

vglmkn.jpg

bloody hell youv just improved times a million.
I take it you followed a tut? i think everything is great tbh. Everything is well placed and the space has been used effectively, the text is positioned exactly where it should be. The focal is clean and theres some lovely lighting. Great tag.

Thanks very much for your comments :) I did use a tutorial and I follow some of it to the letter but also try to do some of it myself.

Anyway, a new one...

2vwd1r5.jpg

Version 2. Text is really hard to get right, this one might be a bit more appropriate :gonk:

18dx5y.jpg

Last edited:
2vwd1r5.jpg

Oh damn, this one if so cool!
The few colors on it flow so well and the lighting coming form the top looks fine, too. The image it self looks fine, thought perhaps it could have been sharpened a bit. Very good use of the negative space the focal point looks fine to me. The text is simple and yet well placed though perhaps moving it a little to the right away from his face.. However, the sub text I think is a little too....'ordinary' the border even if its simple it might be a little too thick for my taste, that's all.
Either way, you did well. =)

I prefer this one because I like the font you used for 'Infinity' in this one. =D

Lovely work on this one!

The colour scheme works nicely and the lighting looks fantastic. I like how you have it shining down onto his face.

He is blended in extremely well and his features are nice and sharp, making the focal nice and clear.

The text is placed well and the colour is well chosen as it fits in with the rest of the colour scheme.

Well done on this one!

Back