Dungeon Siege 3 officially confirmed by Square-Enix [6/7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
square.jpg

Square Enix has revealed that it’s to partner with Obsidian Entertainment to bring Dungeon Seige 3 to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Dungeon Seige 3 is to combine the best features of the franchise in its first appearance on the HD consoles, bringing a new cooperative mode and allowing four players to join.

“It is an honour and a pleasure to be part of the legend of DUNGEON SIEGE,” said Fergus Urquhart, CEO and co-founder of Obsidian Entertainment. This partnership with Square Enix is a milestone for the franchise and Obsidian, and the qualities of both companies in terms of scenario will be visible throughout the game ”

“We are honoured to work with talented developers Obsidian Entertainment, which can rely on their balance sheets among the most exhilarating game and grabbing the last few years,” said John Yamamoto, president and CEO of Square Enix, Inc.. Square Enix has committed to expand its catalogue of games by offering a wide range of genres and we’re confident we can provide the ultimate experience of Dungeon Siege that fans expect. ” There is not a lot of other information regarding Dungeon Siege at the moment; however E3 is just around the corner so expect more then.

Source: Made2Game

Could this be the "Project X" we were expecting? It is an RPG (presumably) and a western developer is at the helm.

Well if it is, it's unsurprisingly underwhelming. My socks haven't been blown off at all, although right now I'm not wearing any.

If it isn't, then.....well, I'm not too fond of dungeon crawlers anyway, so this game had better do something good to impress me. So far when it comes to Obsidian, it's Fallout: Vegas that has me intrigued.

I'd be willing to place money on it, plus the former two were also developed by Gas Powered Games who are also rumoured to be developing DS3 as well. :sad3:

Yeah, I thought so too after reading at Siliconera's entry into this announcement. It's beginning to sound very possible that this is Project X. In fact, I'm certain that it is Project X at this stage. D=

So much for that "blow your socks off" and that "shocked and stoked" crap. I am a little surprised that Obsidian is involved, but that's it. The game had better be good.

Square Enix: Everything we say is a lie... Except for that... and that... and that... and that... and that...

Well, my socks are still on my feet. I'm pretty certain I don't have electricity flowing through my veins, and I'm not high.

Project X confirmed for no one gives a shit tier.

Who are Obsidian? :wacky:

Some developer that's trying to be Bioware I think. They've made that Alpha Protocol spy RPG and are making the next Fallout game. I think of Obsidian as a Bioware-lite. :andry:

At least I assume you were genuinely asking who Obsidian is. :8F:

Some developer that's trying to be Bioware I think. They've made that Alpha Protocol spy RPG and are making the next Fallout game. I think of Obsidian as a Bioware-lite. :andry:

At least I assume you were genuinely asking who Obsidian is. :8F:
I suppose they can't be that bad if Bethesda are letting them handle Fallout :hmmm: All being said, I've read some of their staff say Alpha Protocol shouldn't have been released or some shit, though I didn't have a clue who made it. :wacky:

Still, I have zero interest in this game. :wacky:

Please tell me this isn't Project X >.>

This isn't surprising to anyone. Call me when a new game in the Chrono series is being made.

THIS IS PROJECT X? Oh for fucks sake. My socks are not even blown off at all. Ugh what a dissapointment. I really hope this isnt project X. Or SE is officially horrible at announcing things.

Alright it is project X so you know what. No socks have been blown off. This is a big dissapointment. Unless they reveal something of dungeon siege 3 thats good.

So are there any articles as of yet, citing people from Square Enix saying that this actually is Project X? I didn't see anything in either of the links in this thread that indicates that this is actually the case.

As certain as siliconera writer is that this is Project X, I'm pretty certain that it isn't. With so much hype surrounding Project X, I'm sure that it will be revealed with much more fanfare than this.

SEDAVE: huge day today for SE! Announced DS3 w/ Obsidian! I can't wait to play it with you!

@squareenixdave It seems your French collegues jumped the gun... Dungeon Seige 3 developed by Obsidian, with oversight from SE and GPG. Oops
@RV710 fantastic news isn't it? What other game is similar to it on the PS3 and 360? None! PC well there are a few but we will shine!

@squareenixdave Project X is Dungeon Siege 3 ?
@pomchips !!!!!!!!!!! So Excited! !!!!!!!!!

So are there any articles as of yet, citing people from Square Enix saying that this actually is Project X? I didn't see anything in either of the links in this thread that indicates that this is actually the case.

Well no one is certain as SE didn't explicity say this is Project X, but it's what we have arrived at and it does sound very likely after all.

It's a case of putting two and two together. Gas Powered Games is involved, overlooking what Obsidian is doing. It is an RPG. It is developed by a western studio. And plus the internet has come to the same conclusion as well.

All the above (minus the last point) were hinted at in Twitter posts concerning Project X.

If this really is Project X, I'm even disappointed that I wasn't disappointed the way I expected to be disappointed...

Uhmmmm Olivia it is confirmed as project X look wat Ryan posted above. I do agree 100% that this is project X now though as obsidian is western. But to truly blow socks off the trailer has to be so cool and unbelieveable at E3. If it isnt. SE fails at teasing things. And yes the internet does agree it is project X -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back