Dragon Quest IX confirmed for Europe this “summer” [2/25]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
dragonquestix3.jpg

Nintendo just confirmed that it’ll publish Dragon Quest IX for DS in Europe this summer.

The news follows the announcement that Nintendo of America would publish the game Stateside this summer last night.

No exact date was given. The RPG was released in July of last year in Japan, with over 2.3 million units sold at launch in the country.
To date, the Square Enix game has sold more than 4.15 million copies in Japan.

The title was announced at an event by Square at the end of 2006 on the series’s 20th anniversary

Source: VG247

Oh - excellent. I was wondering what happened to this game after a prolonged bit of silence about it in the west. Unfortunately I still can't see this selling that well in Europe unless SE pushes the Mass Advertisement button. If I have enough money, I'll add this, Dragon Quest VI and Golden Sun DS into my collection.

I heard it will be a rather difficult DQ game compared to the last ones. That sounds alright - DQ needs something to shake up its very traditional approach anyway. As Famitsu rated it 40/40 - it really can't be a bad game. It may divide opinions like it did in Japan, but I can't see it being rated poorly.

dragon quest is a epic sierys and loved by like he said millions upon millions of people. but not loved as much by people in america so that might raise concern on there end but who knows they may be able to pull it off without mass advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back