Does God punish masturbation?

Korytco

White Mage
Gil
Does God punish masturbation? Define punishment on your own. Some times what appears to be punishment is reward but we need not go that deep.

Does God punish masturbation. In the after life or during life. Does he ever punish you for it ?

I really don't see why God would, it doesn't harm anyone. But, I think someone once said it was against the bible or something O_O

I don't see why it would be, it's not as though it's a bad thing, or can harm people...

I really don't see why God would, it doesn't harm anyone. But, I think someone once said it was against the bible or something O_O

I don't see why it would be, it's not as though it's a bad thing, or can harm people...

Well, the common argument is that it wastes and kills sperm, there for life.
Lust and the rest , etc etc.

No one is without sin.
You can't stop being human.
You can be sorry for your human weakness though. That might make Him cut you a break. i sure hope it does or else I'm gonna burn.

Personally I don't believe in god, but here is a saying I once heard "If god didn't intend us to masturbate he would have made our arms shorter"

As for wasting and Killing sperm, no, men cannot waste sperm for it continues to be created for about 50 years you can't "waste" any, unlike a womans eggs.

First of all, God stated the rules, yet it is up to us if we follow them or not. Secondly, the feeling of guilt depend on your conscience. If you are like a "FF Yevonite" like religious person, you'll consider it as bad, if you are atheist, you won't give a damn.

Third, God will not sent you to hell for it, in fact God does not grants eternal punishment on people, that's just a misguiding concept we adopted from other cultures.

Fourth, it is your business, your privacy and your free will. It was given to humans for a reason, because we always have a choice.

Fifth, we are all stained by sin. We can't avoid being sinners, no matter how religious are, we will always end up making a few mistakes. Our mortal flesh is weak, therefore, no one is fully "pure" of all corruption.

For example, in a part of the Bible it says that if you look at a person of the opposite sex and you desire to have something carnal or sexual, or if you just want to have sex with that person (even if it's in your mind), then you are committing a sin. I can't remember the exact quotation though....

Remember, the Bible is a guide, it is your decision if you wish to abide by its rules. Besides, what do people tend to do with most guides? ;)

he'll forgive you if you are truly sorry. thats always my excuse :D

and like Nikkolas said in that cool insert, you cant stop being human. and I have yet to be punished...

im pretty sure YHWH would, he seems a pretty vindictive kinda god.
as for a christian god i doubt he would, hell different denominations would have different views, so you need to specify, which 'god' you mean.

well as kev said, its not being wasted, and because you are masturbating it means you cant get laid anyway, which means it wouldnt matter

and pederasty and things like that would probably get you into more trouble with the deity you believe in.

Sperm can't be wasted, it's constantly being produced. I thought they taught that in biology these days <.<;

As for wasting and Killing sperm, no, men cannot waste sperm for it continues to be created for about 50 years you can't "waste" any, unlike a womans eggs.

There ya go :elmo:

I don't seem to recall there being anything in the Bible about masturbation being wrong, and as for god disliking it...who the hell cares? It's a natural urge to masturbate. Not only that, it can be useful in dealing with stress, or with finding out what pleases your body the best, which helps prepare for better sex and whatnot.

So yeah, go ahead and masturbate away. It won't turn your palms hairy and god won't punish you for it. As far as I'm concerned, it's not a "sin" in the least. It can be helpful, it brings pleasure and doesn't harm anyone, so there's no issue.

It's a rather stupid notion if you ask me, alot of people would be being punished right now...altho it would explain my run of bad luck recently.....haha

But no, how can it possibly waste sperm, omg that stuff is like in an infinate supply, if it was so precious then millions of the little suckers wouldn't shoot out in the first place for just one to reach it's target

It's just one of those old fashioned thingies coz it was once seen as tabboo, now no one cares. Sex before marriage was frowned upon once and considered 'punishable' but people still do it, same as 'living in sin' if all these things were punishable then we would all be screwed :monster:

I'm tempted to start singing 'Every Sperm is Sacred' from Monty Python. x)

But no, the Catholic Religion doesn't exactly approve of masturbation. Even though it doesn't harm anyone and all that, but it's the same with pre-marital sex. The reason ofcourse being to do with lust and waste of life, which is bollocks if you ask me because you can't expect every one of the billion sperm to be made into a baby. If God is going to punish men for masturbating then he may aswell punish women for menstruating, because it's a 'waste of eggs'.

Sperm can't be wasted, it's constantly being produced. I thought they taught that in biology these days <.<;

More of your brilliance huh? Yes it is constantly produced but each time you masturbate WHAT YOU WASTE was only produced once, and was a specific and different code of DNA....

My father had 4 children, all different and each session was different DNA , and unique potential for individualism. Who is to say what is meant to be, when you take that into your own hands you begin to sin or maybe even play god.

There ya go :elmo:

I don't seem to recall there being anything in the Bible about masturbation being wrong, and as for god disliking it...who the hell cares?
Do you always make so much shit ? Or just when you care about bitching ?

It's a natural urge to masturbate. Not only that, it can be useful in dealing with stress, or with finding out what pleases your body the best, which helps prepare for better sex and whatnot.

Yes it is natural that is why people with religion often need to contemplate it or wonder if what they are doing is considered a sin, that is what makes it natural to discuss.

So yeah, go ahead and masturbate away. It won't turn your palms hairy and god won't punish you for it. As far as I'm concerned, it's not a "sin" in the least. It can be helpful, it brings pleasure and doesn't harm anyone, so there's no issue.

You are so sure there is no issue ? I think there is. Yah ,a lot of sins can bring pleasure that does not change what they are. What we consider sin is the issue here. Your opinion has been stated, I welcome everyone's . The majority do not think it is a sin in here. I have known people that do , and if no one that does does not post here just search the net for 2 seconds and you will find several.

Last edited:
Actually, everytime you do it, its like killing a life i suppose you could say. Yes it may constantly be reproduced, but if you think about it, you still kill them when doing it. Thats why its in the bible im sure. (if it is)

Personally I don't believe in god, but here is a saying I once heard "If god didn't intend us to masturbate he would have made our arms shorter"
We are expected (or atleast supposed) to avoid temptation, and make decisions between what is easy/fun and what is right. But geez, nobody is perfect, there is no unselfish good deed.. everybody sins. Most of the time without even realising it.

Personally (and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me) if nobody get hurts by it, I don't see why it should be a problem. I understand the reasons for it being a sin but..... I just don't care.

We are expected (or atleast supposed) to avoid temptation, and make decisions between what is easy/fun and what is right. But geez, nobody is perfect, there is no unselfish good deed.. everybody sins. Most of the time without even realising it.

Personally (and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me) if nobody get hurts by it, I don't see why it should be a problem. I understand the reasons for it being a sin but..... I just don't care.

Yes, and our arms are not short because everyone in hell and heaven has the same
arm length.

We chose whether or not to sin and how committed to one side we are. I do no think that masturbation will send you to hell but I think it might be a sin.

Last edited:
Well, lucky for me I don't believe in god or Id have a first class ticket to hell by now

Just ask for forgiveness when you reach the pearly gates (if you believe in all that) and Im sure you will be reet.

How would masturbating be like 'killing a life'? The life doesn't exist in the first place, so you're killing/harming nothing. It might kill the chances to create a new life at that instant, but there will always be new sperm/eggs as long as the man or woman has testes/ovaries.

I personally think it's rubbish. Even during intercourse, only one of those sperm cells makes it through that long trek to fertilize the egg, while the rest die away. So is it a sin to have sex as well? All of those other sperm cells are wasted, ruining the chance to have 10,000 babies in one go. Or do 'sacrifices have to be made' when it comes to sex as well?

No matter what the situation, sperm cells will always go to 'waste'. It's a fact of life, and if it's really a sin to masturbate, then that's just rubbish.

There are reports to counter this by stating that failure to "expell" accumulated "products" can lead to further problems. :wacky:

Hahahahahahahahah.

That gave me a good old chuckle.

EDIT:
While I'm here, I think this is bollocks. Countless sperm "die" seconds after ejaculation and unless you want every one of them to impregnate the woman, yer gonny waste some.

I personally think it's rubbish. Even during intercourse, only one of those sperm cells makes it through that long trek to fertilize the egg, while the rest die away. So is it a sin to have sex as well? All of those other sperm cells are wasted, ruining the chance to have 10,000 babies in one go. Or do 'sacrifices have to be made' when it comes to sex as well?
As far as the Catholic teachings go, it IS a sin to have sex unless you are intended on making a baby. S'why the pope is against contraception, it's all to do with this potential waste of life.

The Catholic religion is very flawed though. I mean, can you imagine, if we all WERE to have 25 kids in our lifetime on this belief, it would bring MAJOR population issues. Not to mention economic problems and increased pressure on doctors/teachers/etc.

Does God punish masturbation? Define punishment on your own. Some times what appears to be punishment is reward but we need not go that deep.

Does God punish masturbation. In the after life or during life. Does he ever punish you for it ?

I sure hope not. If he does, then I'm in for an ass kicking when I die.

Back