Do you think the GBA ports were a little late?

Bustersword07

Ex-Soldier
Gil
I have a question for the final fantasy fan. In 2004, Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls was released for the GBA before Christmas. Now, since the DS was brand new at the time, I figured the GBA would go for a little while longer but not enough to make three ports. 2005, 2006, and 2007 were the years FF4, FF5, and FF6 made their way to the GBA. For me, it should have been 2002, 2003, and 2004. They should be gearing to put out FF7, FF8, and FF9 for the PSP now. Please tell me what you guys think.

well yeah they should be porting 7 8 and 9 for the PSP but nah The GBA ones came out at the right time - everyones buzzing over XII so people will be interested in the older games in the series - plus since the DS can play GBA games its all cool :cool:

To answer your question, in my opinion I kind of agree with Aeris on this one. It seems like that FF4, FF5, and FF6 came out to the GBA around the right time. Square had just finished making FFX in 2001-2002, which took them a few years to produce. Then they made the
what I think sounds like and looks like a crappy
sequal to X, as well as FFXI and Kingdom Hearts. But the time that you suggested they should have put out 4,5, and 6 would have kind of been a Square overload on the market. That is just my opinion.

I also answered this so your thread was no longer on the backburner as it was when I found it.

Last edited:
Perfect timing if you ask me. I myself prefer playing the one's on the PS1 for Origins, Chronicles, and Anthology, but for FFIII and FFIV I am hitting up the GBA and DS to complete them. It's sparking interest in games that were popular over 10-18 years ago, all over again. So many people would never play FFI-FFVI if these handhelds were not re-releasing them.

As for the newer games from FFVII-FFIX, I'd wait until the fanbase drops a bit...these games I beleive are still bery close to their peak in popularity. Come on, I mean look at how many FFVII whores are still ouot there today. A LOT.

Back