DLC for Advent Children Voice Actors in the Remake?

samwisegamgee86

Gil
Hey Everyone!
I think it is a great idea for Square Enix to bring a DLC voice back of the Legacy Voice Actors (Advent Children / Compilation) to the Remake! Here is why!

(DLC LINK BELOW!) Please sign and share!

1. Japan is keeping the Advent Children Voice Cast
2. They promoted Burton and Billingslea in 2015 and even went on record to say they were using Advent Children voice actors and ONLY finding voice actors for the never-been-voiced characters
3. They fired an entire, 17-year cast and replaced them with actors with little to none voice over experience
4. The only thing officially stated about the switch is they are bringing a "new generation of actors" but for some reason this only applied to the English Localization.
5. This petition is to NOT replace the new VA's but only to add a DLC voice pack of the fan favorites! It is to give the opportunity to the Advent Children cast who were waiting for this game to be made since they began voicing the characters starting in 2002.

The voice actors were stunned to hear they would not be reprising their roles. They were all available and were all ready for this game. Square Enix hyped up the VA's and then suddenly took this amazing opportunity away from them after having them voice the characters for 17 years. The new VA's should stay in the game as this will be a great boost for their careers and will help start their voice acting careers. The Advent Children cast should be in this game because Square Enix literally stated they would use them, promising them these roles, and then switching them out suddenly. The TGS trailer stunned everyone in which Quinton Flynn and Crispin Freeman would not be returning as Reno and Rude. Many fans are not happy with the sudden casting change.

DLC link below! Please sign and share!

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
Honestly... everytime I watch Advent Children, I have to change to the Japanese voice overs - I'm not blaming the voice actors 100% ... somestimes the writing was painnful (Dilly-Dally-Shilly-Shally), but I think the voice actors they've displayed so far in the trailers are fine.

Also, depending on how this Remake goes, it may break continuity with Advent Children entirely! Aspects of AC may appear in the REMAKE or it's highly possible that AC won't be canon with this REMAKE.I'm very interested to see how this REMAKE will treat the Compliation projects of Final Fantasy as a whole.

Starships

Zero Gravity
Veteran
Gil
No, the Advent Children voice-actors were awful. I don't want them back.

samwisegamgee86

Gil
No, the Advent Children voice-actors were awful. I don't want them back.
Then a DLC will be great so the new VA's can stay in the game and the Advent Children actors can be added as an option. It won't be a problem for you then since you can still play with the new cast

samwisegamgee86

Gil
Honestly... everytime I watch Advent Children, I have to change to the Japanese voice overs - I'm not blaming the voice actors 100% ... somestimes the writing was painnful (Dilly-Dally-Shilly-Shally), but I think the voice actors they've displayed so far in the trailers are fine.

Also, depending on how this Remake goes, it may break continuity with Advent Children entirely! Aspects of AC may appear in the REMAKE or it's highly possible that AC won't be canon with this REMAKE.I'm very interested to see how this REMAKE will treat the Compliation projects of Final Fantasy as a whole.
Well to be fair - Advent Children was a Japanese dub so we haven't seen the actors in a natural, English fitting game like the Remake would be. They've always had to cram their words and try to fit with the Japanese lip syncs so that in itself is really hard to do to begin with on a HD CGI movie. Also, Dilly dally was definitely a weird line lol :) The whole idea of "breaking cannons" has no real effect on the voice cast as Japan is keeping their Advent Children cast so a new cast is unnecessary simply due to it not being a prequel to Advent Children.

Also we should understand that they are already using compilation things in the Remake so it really isn't "non-canon" to begin with like many people are saying, they are re-writing things to actually include compilation material and then if they remake crisis core and the rest of the compilation, it will be based on the new FF7R story line this time since it will tie everything together. I am interested in seeing what this new soldier is - it really looks like a hybrid between Angeal and Lazard just like at the end of Crisis Core.

mothcorrupteth

Orthodox Christian
Gil
I just wish they'd give Christy Carlson Romano over to a role that reflects her hotness in real life. Like, maybe Ifalna or Lucrecia. But not Yuffie, a.k.a. THE most annoying playable character.

The Witch

I myself am strange and unusual
Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
Steve Burton was great in KH1, but other than Rachael Leigh Cook and Mae Whitman, every actor was absolutely awful in their performances during all the games/movie. It's a hard pass from me. I like all the subtle tones Cody does as Cloud. He manages to sound like a hard-ass but not like an emotionless robot. Bri as Aerith is the best since Mandy Moore, too. I also loved Reno's new VA, matches Reno MUCH better than that irritating lispy guy from the original. (seriously, I feel like spit built up at the corners of his mouth every time he spoke). Barret's new VA is bad ass, too.

That said, I only feel bad for Steve for getting the boot. I grew up with Steve, and since Cloud's my fave ever, Steve will always have a special place in my fandom heart as Cloud. I just wish Square Enix would have given him the same freedom to perform as they did to Cody.

samwisegamgee86

Gil
Steve Burton was great in KH1, but other than Rachael Leigh Cook and Mae Whitman, every actor was absolutely awful in their performances during all the games/movie. It's a hard pass from me. I like all the subtle tones Cody does as Cloud. He manages to sound like a hard-ass but not like an emotionless robot. Bri as Aerith is the best since Mandy Moore, too. I also loved Reno's new VA, matches Reno MUCH better than that irritating lispy guy from the original. (seriously, I feel like spit built up at the corners of his mouth every time he spoke). Barret's new VA is bad ass, too.

That said, I only feel bad for Steve for getting the boot. I grew up with Steve, and since Cloud's my fave ever, Steve will always have a special place in my fandom heart as Cloud. I just wish Square Enix would have given him the same freedom to perform as they did to Cody.
While I disagree with the other character performances, I will agree it is quite unfair for them not to give Steve a fair chance at it. The Advent Children movie and the rest of the compilation were all Japanese lip flaps so it is much harder to have a natural sounding performance when they have to rush the script and fit the lips. Also, the voice director told Burton and the rest of the game to sound like that. Heck George Newbern (Sephiroth) was constantly told to remove his emotion in his voice as he had too much inflection. I was really looking forward to seeing Burton shine in his role as Cloud. He definitely deserves a fair shot. A DLC would be a great option, it will leave Cody in the game but also add Burton as a voice over option :) I mean, if Japan can keep their Advent Children voice actors, why did ours have to change.

The Witch

I myself am strange and unusual
Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
Well, the reason the JPN actors didn't change is because Nomura's pretty close to all of them. They're also given the chance to perform better since it's all done in JPN first