Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Stepping up to the ball game - FFF now has a voice chat (or text) client (thanks to @Abstract Debauchery for the suggestion). Wonderful thing about this is that the server is free. Check it out:

https://discordapp.com/

It's pretty new, so they're still doing updates, but after a few test runs and quick voice chat sessions with some of our members here, it works great! It's available on iPhone, Android, Windows, and Mac: Discord Apps

For FFXIV players, might wanna check this out: FFXIV Discord

I won't be posting an invite code in public for obvious reasons. So if you would like to join us (you don't even have to voice chat if you don't want to) and keep in touch while on the go, please send the staff a message and we'll generate an invite code for you. This is especially helpful for gaming chat and doing raids with our members, etc.

Any suggestions, please post it here. Ideas for game or text channels? Something FFF-related, perhaps? In the future we can also add more game channels depending on popular demand.

VOICE CHANNELS:

Main Lobby: General FFF chit chat. What did you have for dinner? What are you doing on FFF? Things like that.
FFF Free Company: For FC Members. May have to keep this private to FC-only depending on majority's decision.
Free Company Raids: Just a separate private channel for people currently in a raid/dungeon party. (Private: Only FC members can connect and speak).
Gaming Lounge: In case you would like to be in a different channel with others and talk about other games beside, you know...FFXIV, then there you go. =P

TEXT CHANNELS:

#MAIN-LOBBY: Can't speak at the moment but miss your chat buddies and you don't have a PC available? Text away! Chat about anything, really.
#FREE-COMPANY: For FC members, so that we can keep things relative to the game.

How do I change channels?

Just click the channel name. That's it. =] Just remember, you can't hear people talking unless you're in the same channel as they are.

Direct Messages:

You can leave someone a one-to-one private message by clicking your username / icon on the top-left window.

Push to Talk:

It is highly recommended that you use Push to Talk setting under Settings > Voice > Input Mode. Assign a button to record the new shortcut.

Example:
6T2ehuT.png

How do I log out?

-Go to Settings:
tfyxUfS.png

-Click left-arrow icon:
Xn7TlJJ.png

You can also control someone's mic volume. Need to crank it up a bit? Simply click on their username and adjust volume there.

Rules:

I'll keep this simple. Play nice. :)

First post updated outlining the channels and such.

My only concern is, and it's a minor one, if FFF Free Company goes private, for the members that are part of the company, try not to hole up in there all the time. Kind of lame being the odd man out when there's six people having a blast in FFF Free Company and like 1 or 2 dudes in General Chat. After a while it can get kind of dull and drive others way. As for the FFF FC Raid Channel, that's got to stay private. That one is completely understandable. Other than that, the channel seems good. I'll pop in there from time to time when I can.

Yeah, agreed. We'll leave that open for everyone considering the FC has its own private channel anyway, so FC members can still use that option.

First post updated to highlight some of the basic functionality.

Back