Did Square set out to annoy and make the players bored?

Alumi

Gil
I've defeated Yiazimat, or however it's spelled, then I went all the way back to the save crystal at the top of the Great Crystal, which should be called the Crystal of Evil Boredom and Run Around, then I used the same procedure to get to the Taurus Gate that I used to get the Zodiac Shield. There was a gate blocking the way. I've just had enough of looking at this place and fucking around inside of it. I want to get to Omega but they insist on making getting to it as much of a pain in the arse as possible after already wasting so much time getting to the zodiac shield, which I never really used anyway. Why do this? I'm just going to go ahead and finish this game because I think Square are really fucking kidding us with this shit. Why did Square think that annoying everyone and making them bored was some kind of good strategy? This could be used to torture people in a dictatorship, rather than blasting them with loud music. This really wasn't fun, a game is supposed to be fun. The whole hunting side quest was far too long, then Square thinks it would be a good idea to add another 80 hunts on top of that with the Phon Coast hunting side quest. Why did they make the monsters so hard to find in this game? It wasn't hard to fight them, it was just hard to find so many of them, but the Great Crystal was just the final straw for me. So to go through all that crap in the Great Crystal will allow me to get the 3rd most powerful weapon in Final Fantasy XII. I've got the 1st and 2nd most powerful weapons and I'm guessing the Bahamut won't be as hard as Yiazimat, so fuck it, I've got other things to do with my life and I want to start another Final Fantasy game, I can't dedicate so much time to one game. The Yiazimat battle was far too long and that should be the final achievement to getting that sword, but no, they want you to stuff around in that fucking crystal again. I'm sick of that place. I will go allllllllllllllllllllll the way back to the yellow save crystal, why did Square think this would be such a great idea to make people go from it to the top of the Great Crystal and back? Was this supposed to make the game more fun or something? It's the most boring crap ever in a Final Fantasy game. I just need to get this off my chest, because it's been a very frustrating experience.

Personally, the game was more frustrating then boring. was i annoyed? sure, but not at the game, more at myself.

the liscense system is something everyone has mixed feelings about, but i guess it was just to make the game that much more difficult.

I fel 12 had a lot of great ideas, but it just wasn't properly executed.

The only boring and frustrating thing was the time it took me to read this boring rant about a kid whining about doing something that is not even required to beat the game. People get what side quests are right? all final fantasy games have them and they are painful and require lots of time and effort usually in an attempt to get some kind of powerful weapon, armour or gf. You however do not have to do these things by any means but it is your choice to take on the challenge ( which most true ff fans will do either on the first or send pass through a game ).

final fantasy 8 - You had to beat down monster after monster and refine crap after crap to get enough stuff together to get the final weapons.

final fantasy 9 - you actually had to start the game over and play through skipping videos and story and all ability to slow down and enjoy the game to get steiners final sword.

ffx - the mother off all bs in the forms of the chocobo race, blitzball for days, dodging thunder bolts and chasing butterflies.

ff12- that crystal you wine about and the having to literally follow a walkthrough just to avoid getting barrels that for some reason prevent you from getting the zodiac spear.

Point is why do you wine about it. If you wanna do it then get some coffee and some balls and grind it out like the rest of us or just don't do it. It would not be a game if it was just handed to us. Ever put cheats into a final fantasy game and play it? I did once during my thrid play through ffx and it was soooooo boring when I already had the spheres I could ever use etc... I have said it before and I will say it again: people need to stop whining about the obvious. All final fantasy games require mad amounts of time and grinding to get levels and cash and gear and more. So when you buy a new one or replay an old one please do not act shocked when it happens again.

Back