SPOILERS Did Seymour Ever Love Yuna?

Laro

Unsent
Veteran
Gil
Vincent
I know that Seymour was't raised properly. That he got confused in that world called Spira. But what was his main objetcive? Was it to take over Spira or to destroy it?
Further in the story we find out that Seymour wishes to marry Yuna and travel to Zanarkand with her. There he would be Yuna's Final Aeon and then become Sin. In order for this to happen, though, the love must be true. If Seymour were to only pretend to love her, his plan would be ruined. Yuna had a kind heart and she was nice to Seymour all this time.
Then he tried to kill her guardians, but he never wanted to harm Yuna herself.

My question here is, did Seymour have a crush on Yuna or was it just a plan to destroy Spira?

As you play FFX, take notice of Seymour's actions. Then write what you think.

"Yuna, take me as your pillar of strength. Like Yunalesca did to lord Zaon." ~ Seymour (after the Operation Mi'hen)

I think Seymour felt physically attracted to Yuna, and that he may have liked her, but he didn't love her.
He wanted to end all life on Spira to end all suffering. Yuna was just a means to an end.
That's why he tries to kill her guradians but not her.
No guardians means he becomes sin.
Also I doubt that Seymour would have liked Yuna after she killed him.

His main objective, as implied numerous times, was to wipe Spira of life for reasons stated above. Yes, to become the Final Aeon Seymour and Yuna required a strong bond - however when the party comes in contact with Yunalesca we learn that this bond may need only comprise of friendship or marriage, not necessarily love. Still, their shared desire to vanquish the then-Sin could have also been enough of a bond for the process to be enacted.

Yuna was merely a tool for him to utilise.

Love is a very strong word, and I don't believe it applies to the relationship Seymour wanted with Yuna. I think he admired her bravery and strength, and he may have even thought her pretty, but I don't think he ever really and truly cared for her. The only thing he every really wanted was power. Yuna was just the pawn in his deadly game.

Also, since marriage counts as a strong bond, that's really the only reason he wanted to marry her. It was just another sceme of his that would enable him to trap Yuna once and for all.

But, of all the summoners it had to be Yuna. Why? Is it because she's the daughter of Braska?

I dont believe he loved her in the natural way, like Tidus did. Perhaps Seymour had a crazed way of how he saw love and what he wanted to achieve with Yuna was perhaps what he thought love was.

Laro♪;413840 said:
But, of all the summoners it had to be Yuna. Why? Is it because she's the daughter of Braska?
Probably because he thought Yuna was naive enough to manipulate. He never would have been able to do the same thing with someone like Donna.

I don't think he loved her, he was just after becoming Sin, and she was the high summoners daughter so he probably thought, if anyone can do it, she can. And I expect not all the Summoners would have been quite so well known as her, just because of her father, so she was an easy obvious choice I guess.

Eh, that's what I think anyway xD

There is no way in hell that Seymour loved yuna,he is a super villain, they don't have emotions, the only reason he wanted her to be his Wife is so that she could help him on his quest to become the new Sin and 'end Spira's suffering'

Like everybody else has said, I don't think Seymour really loved Yuna. I think he just recognized her potential, and thought that she would be a good summoner to use for his means. I also think he wanted to user her because of her fame, and how much the people of Spira loved her. It would have been a lot easier to get to Zanarakand and have the support of the people if it was with somebody well known, like Yuna, versus some unknown summoner.

So yeah, I don't think he loved her. If anything, he might have felt a physical attraction to her, but that's it.

I don't think Seymour ever really loved Yuna. He really just wanted to be married to her in order to do what Yunalesca did with Zaon. Seymour Ultimately wants to destroy Spira, he wants to become Sin so that he can reign and destroy all that exists. That is Seymour's true intent.

Seymour didn't love Yuna at all. All he wanted, like any other villan, was power. He only wanted to use Yuna so that she could make him her Final Summon so he could become the next Sin.

He stated that Yuna was simply going to use Yuna to gain the trust of the people of spira just like when he released the beasts after the blitzball tournament so he could defeat them with anima. Every thing with seymour was a plan.

Ah dude the vote isn't needed everyone knows that he didn't love Yuna.

It was all his master plan and he had no feelings for Yuna apart from the feelings of wanting to use her for his evil plan. For heaven sake the guys insane.

I don't know, maybe he did. Obviously he had other motives but he might of liked he still all the same. And he may have done so before he became evil. -er. Evil guys need love too ya know!

He needed a wife, and who better to hook up with the former High Summoner's daughter who was currently on her mission to defeat Sin. He didn't really love anyone except himself. I mean when you kill your own father, and then later in the game launch an attack to kill Yuna and party, I doubt he has any love floating around in his heart.

His only purpose and plot was to anniahilate spira. Yuna was just a stepping stone. I do however thing that he was attracted to her, just not as strong an emotion as love

I always thought Seymour was...gay. -__-

But at one point I thought he did, but once he had that whole speech about becoming Sin and using Yuna.

I believe at a point Seymour was in love, but then it was quickly over shadowed by what he wanted to accomplish, so he knew he could easily use Yuna to get what he wants.

Back