Did anything inspire your original character / Warrior of Light?

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Shiva Snowflake
Carlos el Cactuar
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Has a fictional, historical or personal person or character influenced your Final Fantasy XIV character?

Here is a character sheet I saw shared on the KupoCon Discord a few days ago and have seen elsewhere a few times since.

Character inspiration sheet.png

I filled mine in for my character Polyphemos Bromios. Feel free to do the same, but please briefly explain your reasoning (or simply write about your influences without filling this in if you would prefer to contribute that way).

🍇🏺:dantelope:🏺 🍇

Character inspiration sheet - Polyphemos Bromios.png

1. I picked Dionysos because it is my online persona, and also is represented in the ‘Bromios’ aspect of my character's name (Bromios being an epithet of the god Dionysus).
  2. I picked Polyphemus (the cyclops from Homer’s Odyssey) because he is represented in the Polyphemos aspect of my characters name. My character is a tall Roe who has one working eye (the other eye being scarred and grey).
  3. I picked Herodotus (the 5th century BC ancient Greek historian) because Polyphemos’ character title is ‘Writer of Histories’ because I use him for this. Aside from just playing the game, through Polyphemos I explore every inch of the world I can and make (too) many notes and take (too) many clips recording all of my experiences to help me when I write my mythology manual articles and other things.
  4. I picked Captain Jack Sparrow because Polyphemos is in origin a pirate, and he is clumsy and unorthodox. He might be the worst pirate anybody has ever heard of, but they have heard of him.
  5. I picked Mary Poppins Yondu because Polyphemos has a blueish (or blueish-green) skin colour and is also is a bit of a pirate/ravager.
  6. I picked Jack from The Shining because, being a Warrior, Polyphemos is inevitably just a madman with an axe when all is said and done.

But ultimately only some of these have seriously influenced my character (the first few) and I haven’t really had a set plan. He’s just sort of existed and I became attached to him as I played, but I don’t actually actively roleplay or anything.

Back