Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Hey guys,

So this past week the staff has been working hard to increase our site activity and hopefully attract visitors to join our forums. We have a few new ideas that we're trying, and one of them is the creative marketing campaign which aligns with our social media networking.

The creative marketing team (the ones behind the graphic work) are @Six @Galadín and myself, with @Dionysos helping us post/boost/engage/amplify content posts on social media. @shivas will also be on the lookout for FF thread topics to promote. We have a calendar / schedule system setup to make this run as effectively as possible, so with that in mind, we're highly encouraging our members to discuss Final Fantasy because depending on member discussion, this can very much influence the graphic work content behind the FF Thread Promotion! Yes, we do read them, and creative ideas may spark simply based on discussion!

The FFXIV Screenshot Corner thread will also be ripe for the picking!

For example:
FFFThreadPromo1.png

I'm sure you guys have seen this thread floating around recently. Here it is: Characters from other FF games you would love to see in FFXIV

We are very excited to promote, promote, promote! We have different campaigns in mind such as:

-Timber Maniacs Mogazine
-FF Thread Promo
-FFF Member Promo - we will be on the lookout for musicians, cosplayers, artists, and all creatives to promote so long as they're a member of FFF!
-FFF FC @Galadín
-FFF Fun @Six
-FF GFX @Six
-Site Events (Birthweek, Christmas)

Some campaigns may last a few weeks (site related events, for example) to a few months (mogazine), while some will be more lengthy that will hopefully generate exposure for years to come!

If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to let us know and we can put our heads together and brainstorm. =]

Last edited:
This is a great idea, this forum has a big potential, it just needs a few more active people :)

You can have some events like "the retro FF week" that would focus on FF 1-2-3, another week that would talk about FF7, 10 and 13 that have multiple games
You can make some one day one monster with a beautiful picture or one a week on a specific day if you don't have enough content
Works also with characters, songs, fan fanctions, any creative content

You can make some regular highlights of some articles of your Mogazine, this is a big one, there's great content in it that you can re-use.

+ you keep communicating on your events, feed the community with fresh Square Enix news, many users will want to know what's happening at E3 for example

Also you have some FF XIV content, there are good things to work on

The target is to give to people some reasons to come here, to find some things that are not made on Facebook groups or that you will cover with more quality and consistancy than these other places. For this I'm not worried, many of you have a good writting level :)

Partnerships : As content creators we are happy to find a beautiful place like this where we can get our creations discovered and you are very friendly about that + you are serious so I think many artists will retweet, facebook post about you :)

On this point I can help you, as I'm often listening to other video games covers artists, I find some people that have beautiful stuff to be discovered and of course there also a lot of updates from the already big known ones. Spotify and YouTube are actually the biggest platforms for VGM Covers artists.
Creating a kind of artists database having FF covers that would be nice maybe ?
Spotify & YouTube playlists, there are plenty of things that can be developped.
For the database it can also work for the GFX, Fan Fictions & other creative sections. Making these sections strong can bring more life to the forums, combinated with all the other features you have and can develop, you can end to create something very powerful and dynamic :)

I'm not sure if this will help, but I have a few ideas.

IME, stuff that generates forum buzz in the forums I've been to have been games, polls and top ten lists.

Games are usually a lot better in Forums, depending upon the type of game. I remember Flintlock from The Lifestream forum had this really excellent community game called "Mithril Mines" which kept the entire community abuzz for about a month. Yours truly ran a straight up Blackjack game as well as a forum based D&D back on TerraEarth. Not sure what the scene is like here, but that's just a couple of ideas.

Polls are great, although Facebook can do them just as well. I've noticed on my small page that polls generally get the most interaction because responding to a poll is quick and easy, and it usually generates conversation. I know you guys also run a lot of polls here so you're already on top of that.

And top ten lists, while admittedly they are kind of old-hat, always seem to do well.

As far as other material, I'd like to second Duhemsounds "themed weeks" idea. Each generation is neatly broken into roughly three games, so you could have a lot going on for that. Maybe also include some weeks for off-shoot games such as Tactics and Kingdom Hearts.

Finally, the thread promo looks beautiful.

Hope my comments were somewhat helpful!

Great suggestions from all of you!

We are reading them and will be discussing them in Staff HQ.

Games are usually a lot better in Forums, depending upon the type of game. I remember Flintlock from The Lifestream forum had this really excellent community game called "Mithril Mines" which kept the entire community abuzz for about a month. Yours truly ran a straight up Blackjack game as well as a forum based D&D back on TerraEarth. Not sure what the scene is like here, but that's just a couple of ideas.

I’m a huge fan of games, though I tend to overwhelm myself by being overambitious...

While this 'Birthweek' we've been hosting a variety of competitions, I haven’t been able to host one of my RPG-type games during Birthweek itself.

For the past couple of years I have hosted something called ‘Moogle Murder Mystery’ (see here for the most recent event). People create detective characters and I draw them terribly and place them on a map so that people can explore the area, search for clues / interrogate NPCs and attempt to solve the murder. It gets pretty crazy…

It is very much a strange subculture of FFF. It tends to be popular with the people participating, and a few onlookers, though people not following the threads will quickly get lost. It’ll certainly be a very difficult/impossible thing to promote off-site. :D We keep that one in the closet, mostly...

Other events have been a little bit less crazy.

I haven’t found time to create a Moogle Murder Mystery in time for Birthweek, so this year since they tend to overrun anyway I’ll be hosting it a little bit later in the year. I have ideas. I just need time!

Back