Convince me to get a subscription

Ltock9

Gil
So, I’ve been wanting to play an MMO for a while and the only one I have ever played was runescape. A few days ago I picked up the free trial of ff14 on the ps4 and it has been fun but I haven’t done much else besides play the main quests to level up my character. So, what I’m really looking for is reasons to take the plunge and get the full game and the subscription. I just don’t know what you can do in the game and I’d like to know if it’s worth it.

Ltock9, it's a little harder to describe to you what would make you subscribe really. I think what I can tell you about is the fact if you do subscribe there is multitudes of things you can get into on the daily to keep you enthralled with the game. If you have played a MMO, here are some things you can look forwards too for subbing.

There are multiple story lines to get into. If you have played WoW, ESO, EVE Online, or anything bigger MMO that's out, FFXIV is not lacking the story line department. Without getting into the details, I'd prefer you play a bit and see what you think of Eorzea. Get into the character development of the main characters, and then come back and see what you think. I could tell you everything about Minfilia or Alphinaud, but I prefer you figure out who they are yourself. That's part of Final Fantasy that makes the series itself so beautiful is you have to live the story.

The dungeons and raids are great for subbing for. I know right now you probably have only played a little bit, so grouping for parties and what have you make this game so pleasing. Whether you are a Tank, DPS or Heals, you have very diverse character skills that make each class enjoyable. You have support characters as well who offer buffs and such, and then you have characters with pets if you do subscribe.

Fates are always good for gaining exp in groups at a very fast rate. It also helps you gather items for certain weapons later on in Heavensward.

The market is not volatile. It is a fair marketplace in my mind. The crafting, the glamoring goods, the materia is all worth quite a bit as you progress in the game. You shouldn't have a trouble in affording items in the game especially if you stick the main story line.

Flying chocobo mounts in expansions are a huge plus. You can fly with ease to your location and when done, mount back up and fly to the next.

You only touch the surface of the game if you are stuck in Ul'Dah, Limsa Lominsa, and Gridania. If you want to hear more about what characters you can play, well there are threads and threads about this. We can point you to the right direction.

Last edited:
First of all welcome to the forum!

Second there's plenty to do in the game but the unfortunate thing is that most of it is after the main story ends for the first time. After that you'll have access to harder content like raids and trials, more story, and a lot more dungeons to run. The same applies to the expansions as well. For the creative minds out there you can purchase a house/apartment and decorate it to your liking but that also comes after you finish the story for the first time. There's also crafting and gathering classes that you can try too along with other battle classes that you can use if you want to try something different. To keep you interested in the game longer I'd recommend joining a Free Company aka Guild as well. It should make doing content a bit easier as well.

Back