cloud's ribbon...

Edward Elric

Chaotic
Veteran
Gil
yes i know this might belong in the advent children forum but no one will see it there. i have a question about the red ribbon cloud wears on his left bicep area. is that aeris' hairtie or something? i think it is but i cant tell. and if it is...is that just another reason for people to assume that cloud really does have feelings for aeris?

The ribbon that Cloud is wearing on his left biscep (the one close enough to the geostigma infection if I am correct) is Aeris' ribbon.

I suppose that he kept the ribbon as a memento of Aeris, to remember her, why she died and for what cause.

Im fairly sure that it IS Aeriths ribbon. Cloud and all the members of AVALANCHE wear one, it is to show their respect for Aerith ^_^

i actually wondered that myself. I guessed it belonged to aeris but i couldnt remember any ribbon from the game so i wasnt sure

Edit: ah the ribbon that protects against status effects i remember that

Last edited:
Theres actually an item in the game called Ribbon, you can get it in the temple of the ancients. but yeah, clouds Ribbon is Aeriths ribbon, and all the other members wear a pink ribbon too.

i could find pictures if neccessary ^_^

im pissed i was hoping it was just cloud so it could be more proof that he has feelings for aeris but i guess not. haha oh well.

Oh gosh, I never realized that was Aerith's ribbon. But it makes sense that he would wear her ribbon. Of course...it wasn't mentioned in the game, but...it adds up correctly. =]

Hmm, Tifa wore one on Advent's Children too, now that I remember. I've always thought that the ribbon held no significant meaning whatsoever...but now that I think about it, could be Aerith's ribbon indeed. I think Barret wore one too, as well as Yuffie...but I can't remember the others.

Gee, why didn't this dawn on me before?

Cloud Strife - upper left arm
Tifa Lockheart - upper left arm
Marlene Wallace - wears a large pink ribbon in her hair, which is braided into a ponytail
Barret Wallace - lower left arm
Denzel - lower left foreleg, above his bangle
Yuffie - upper left arm and on her shuriken. As far as we know, she is the only character who sports two pink ribbons.
Cait Sith - upper left arm. It is unknown if Reeve also wears a ribbon.
Vincent Valentine - lower right arm
Cid Highwind - upper left arm

Back