Cloud's eyes glowing

Darkblade

Veteran
Gil
I haven't played FFVII in a while so I may be missing something. But after watching Last Order, I'm a little confused of why Cloud's eyes were glowing when he got stabbed. I mean, at the time, he was just ordinary infantry guy. No MAKO should of been in his system yet. Only SOLDIERs had the MAKO eyes.

If I'm not mistaken, Cloud went through the Mako test to get into SOLDIER. His body couldn't handle the Mako injections and so that is how he failed to make it in. I think...

You bring up a good question. It may very well be something deeper than what we all know. There's more to this that cannot be clear with our current knowledge.

He apparently underwent the same test's as sepiroth, to before he could go with him on that trip, i think.
Because on FFVII you see when Cloud goes to neibleim (can't spell it) with Sepiroth and then he leaves after Sepiroth kills everyone in the town so it must have been between the start of Last Order and neibleim.. i think!

The glowing eyes were a side effect of MAKO testing or something which he would have had since he failed to make it in SOLDIER so he would have some MAKO in his system because of that.

After Cloud kill Sephiroth, he and Zack were captured by Hojo and had Jenova testing done to them. The same procedure done to Sephiroth. That is how Cloud was infused with Mako without being in soldier. However he couldnt handle being infuse with Mako and pretty much went retarded for a while and thats when Zack escapes with him and they go to Midger were Zack is shot to death and Cloud runs away. Being messed up on Mako he takes Zacks life and lives it as his own

before that...no cloud was never exposed to mako...so square made a mistake if Cloud had mako eyes before he killed Sephiroth
It's really not that big of a deal. We know he did go through mako testing and that he killed Sephiroth once. Last Order could have been mistaken with the mako eyes at that point or it could have been the glow of the mako under Cloud as he was being held over the ledge.

before that...no cloud was never exposed to mako...so square made a mistake if Cloud had mako eyes before he killed Sephiroth

Actually yes he was. He was given the Mako injection which his body rejected. That's one reason why he never made it into SOLDIER or so I've heard.

Actually yes he was. He was given the Mako injection which his body rejected. That's one reason why he never made it into SOLDIER or so I've heard.

actually your wrong...i have just got done playing through the game a couple of days ago and i know for a fact that Cloud was never infused with Mako until Hojo got a hold of him. Cloud joined Shinra's Army after the war and never gotten to prove himself. He also says in the game that he never was picked to join soldier because he was not strong enough....and only canidates for Soldier are to go through the Mako infusion test. All Cloud was before the accident was a lowly grunt in the army that was at the right place at the right time.

actually your wrong...i have just got done playing through the game a couple of days ago and i know for a fact that Cloud was never infused with Mako until Hojo got a hold of him. Cloud joined Shinra's Army after the war and never gotten to prove himself. He also says in the game that he never was picked to join soldier because he was not strong enough....and only canidates for Soldier are to go through the Mako infusion test. All Cloud was before the accident was a lowly grunt in the army that was at the right place at the right time.

Cloud was much more stronger than a normal Shinra grunt. This is why he
defeated the Ravens of AVALANCHE in BC, that were in the same level of SOLDIERs
and this is why he threw Sephiroth against a wall, when he(Cloud) was impaled by Masamune.

Cloud didn't join SOLDIER because he was mentaly weak, not because of his physical strenght/power.

Well forgive me, that's just what I was told and that's why his eyes were glowing like that when he managed to throw Sephiroth off of him, but the question is, how can Cloud be THAT physically strong and never have been in SOLDIER? He still managed to throw Sephiroth off of him so he had to of been injected with Mako somehow. I don't believe that Cloud just be that physically strong without nothing happening to him and I don't think he could just take on Sephiroth like he was nothing, either.

Cloud was much more stronger than a normal Shinra grunt. This is why he
defeated the Ravens of AVALANCHE in BC, that were in the same level of SOLDIERs
and this is why he threw Sephiroth against a wall, when he(Cloud) was impaled by Masamune.

Cloud didn't join SOLDIER because he was mentaly weak, not because of his physical strenght/power.

The reasons i believe that Cloud was able to defeat Sephiroth was because he sneaked attack him and caught him off guard and severely hurt him. Then when Sephiroth impaled Cloud. Cloud got a little something called an adrenaline rush, which could give a person superhuman strength and the inability to feel pain..plus as said before Sephiroth was already weaken so it is plausable that a normal solider like Cloud could overcome a great warrior like Sephiroth... Now for the Before Crisis part i have no idea about cause i never played the game...my theory come directly from the original FFVII

The reasons i believe that Cloud was able to defeat Sephiroth was because he sneaked attack him and caught him off guard and severely hurt him. Then when Sephiroth impaled Cloud. Cloud got a little something called an adrenaline rush, which could give a person superhuman strength and the inability to feel pain..plus as said before Sephiroth was already weaken so it is plausable that a normal solider like Cloud could overcome a great warrior like Sephiroth... Now for the Before Crisis part i have no idea about cause i never played the game...my theory come directly from the original FFVII

i like how the game explained it. though, it does say in the game that when people do join SOLDIER, they are injected with mako to be stronger. but too much and you can end up like Sephiroth with the helo of Hojo

Back