Cloud Strife vs Chaos Vincent

Cloud Strife Vs Chaos Vincent

• Cloud Strife

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Chaos Vincent

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
As in AC Cloud?

The guy who fought and rivals the Transcendental Negative Lifestream empowered Demi-god Sephiroth?

He pretty much destroys Chaos without much effort.

WHAT??? MY TWO FAVORITE CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME BATTLING??? WHAT MONSTROSITY HAS THE WORLD COME DOWN TO?

Well, if I gotta say, Vincent. I mean Chaos Vincent is like unstoppable? Hello, his weapon is death penalty. Not to mention his body is indestructible. He defeated Omega...hello that's crazy??? I'm sorry Cloud but I gotta say that Chaos Vincent would beat you.

Why do I think everyone is gonna pick Cloud over poor Vinnie? :confused:

Oh and also, Vincent can fly and has a gun. So I don't think Cloud could reach him...

Power level, I would say Cloud. But, Vincent has the advantage of a long range weapon as well as several powerful attacks in Chaos form. Not to mention that if this were to follow the logic of the game, Vincent is healed to full health once he transforms. So Cloud has to go through his health twice; not easy to do.

So its really a tie between them. Cloud's power versus Vincent's lng range capabilities double health bar, and Chaos form. Honestly though, I think it would go to Vincent. However, I've not taken into account what materia they have.

I don't see how CV could possibly take this.....

Cloud Strife faced the Demigod Sephiroth of AC equally for more than 12 hours of combat. That Sephiroth was the strongest being in the history of FFVII, and Cloud managed to match it blow for blow.

Heck, Vincent and Sephiroth himself even stated Cloud was the only one who could face Sephiroth in AC, even Vince(who has full control fo Chaos) stated he was too weak to do It.

Cloud Strife faced the Demigod Sephiroth of AC equally for more than 12 hours of combat. That Sephiroth was the strongest being in the history of FFVII, and Cloud managed to match it blow for blow.

Heck, Vincent and Sephiroth himself even stated Cloud was the only one who could face Sephiroth in AC, even Vince(who has full control fo Chaos) stated he was too weak to do It.

I would also put my money on cloud. However, when did Sephiroth and Vincent said that in AC? I couldn't find them mention anything like that in the movie.

Let's review a bit, here. Shall we? In the endgame of the original Final Fantasy VII, Cloud faced Sephiroth with his entire party. Not alone. And afterwards, Cloud faced a normal Sephiroth. Normal. Sephiroth. Albeit a Sephiroth with 1 HP and literally non-existent stats (all of them were zero, besides HP). Now, one could argue that the gameplay mechanics wouldn't be a part of the story, and so if that part of the story is true then Cloud faced Sephiroth in a head-to-head battle, solo. And finished him in one move with his Limit Break, the Omni-Slash. This is after Sephiroth has taken a heavy beating from (canonically) all the playable characters, Aeris excluded. We cannot count this as an example of Cloud's strength alone. *tosses it out the window*

Second, of course, is the famous battle between Cloud Strife and Sephiroth in Advent Children. But before I bring up the analysis, I'd like to bring up something from the wiki having to do with some of the other materials regarding the Compilation.

Even after appearing in so many titles, Sephiroth's true power is unknown. It is stated in the official book Reunion Files that the Sephiroth seen in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has "ascended to a new level of existence" and is much stronger than before. Though he was defeated, Sephiroth never used the full extent of his powers in the final fight against Cloud, and because of that, his true potential is still unknown. Advent Children producer Yoshinori Kitase has said, "Sephiroth's existence and will is extremely powerful. There is nothing stronger, nothing above him". Several characters besides Cloud have been able to battle Sephiroth competently, but with most of these fights it is implied he held back or was not fighting at his full potential.

So Sephiroth held back in the fights. He's never shown his greatest potential or his full power to our eyes. Either way, this means that Cloud probably wasn't strong enough to take him out no matter what. Compare this to Weiss the Immaculate and Omega, both of which Chaos Vincent had to fight while one had full control and power over the other, and who was probably getting much of his power from the Lifestream that Omega was trying to gather before setting out to find another planet. Chaos Vincent went toe-to-toe with Weiss in his powered state, and was ultimately the victor. Now, I'm not saying Cloud couldn't do any of that, but it leaves one to wonder as to why everyone would leave the final battle up to Vincent. Perhaps because they couldn't fly? Hell, Cloud showed the capability to jump great distances across an entire city during his fight with Sephiroth. Let us hope this was just because it was Vincent's battle to win, shall we? It was his past, and everyone could honor a person's past, as everyone had to face theirs before (most of which occurred in FFVII).

Now, comparing all of this, and a bit more, I'd say Cloud and Chaos Vincent would both fight until the earth beneath their feet was ravaged, broken, and ultimately destroyed. I'm not sure there would be an end to the fight, Vincent has Chaos inside him to boost his already abnormal body structure (due to the experiments on his body to actually allow him to HARBOR THE FORM OF CHAOS EXCLUSIVE TO THE COMPILATION WITHIN HIMSELF) to unbelievable levels. And Cloud, having Sephiroth genes (although these could have been cleaned out since their presence caused the Geostigma and Cloud was cured of his Geostigma near the end of AC), probably wouldn't yield even after his planet was broken.

Voting for Chaos Vincent, regrettably.

I agree, nothing more to say. 12 hous figthing with Sephiroth isn't a little thing, and Cloud only lost because of the fadigue

I went with Cloud, be it AC Cloud or otherwise.

His hair defies gravity with the intensity of his power.

The power of Plot Sword is strong with this one.

Back