Christmas Writing Event [2021] - Oh, no! Santa resigned?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
7BTIHzw.png

Thank you for the banner, Kira. You will assuredly not receive coal this year!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I make this extraordinarily harrowing announcement today. Santa Claus, aka Father Christmas, aka the man who is one more pint of eggnog away from getting himself permanently wedged in a chimney in the freezing, bitter cold - has moved on to a better place.

I of course mean he's decided to tender his resignation. Or "voluntary retirement" as he likes to call it. The old man is probably putting his feet up in a Caribbean resort somewhere right now, delighted and content with the knowledge that never again will he have to break his back simply to make a whole load of spoiled children happy with cheap plastic materialism.

What does this mean for Christmas? It means it's a veritable disaster unless a willing champion and paragon amongst their peers takes up the mantle of Santa. But who is stalwart and brave enough to save Christmas and protect the goofy smiles of children? That is for you to decide.

RULES!

• Write a tale about whoever is fortunate or catastrophically unlucky enough to be the new Santa Claus.
  • Your story must have Final Fantasy characters and/or Final Fantasy Forums members. Maybe said character(s) is/are the new Santa. Maybe they're some of the reindeers. Or some of the helper elves. Or maybe they're the wide-eyed spoiled children expecting presents this year as usual. It is entirely up to you!
  • The word limit is 1,500 words. No novels, please!
  • Submit your entry to me either by PMs here or on Discord (Linnaete for both). Ideally send me a link to a Google Docs page or something.
  • My boss insists that we keep a tight deadline. You have until the end of Sunday December 19th.

Now go forth and save Christmas. Or ruin it, I dunno. Plenty of Grinches out there, but that's none of my business.

• Love
Reactions: Six
I don't know it is already the 16th and we only have four days left for this.

In any case, I will definitely enter something as I love these events and this is a genuinely cool prompt. I'll have to cram, but it will be done!

Reactions: Six
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back