Christmas: What is your guilty pleasure film?

Paddy McGee

JAMES JOYCE, BY DIONYSOS
Veteran
Gil
Warrior
Bomb
Cactuar
Tonberry
Ultros
Don Corneo
It's Christmas time, as we can all guess from the outrageous amount of pints, money, shoppers and dead turkeys! One of the core, key aspects of Christmas is the watching of films. For me, many of my great Christmas memories have been from watching a film with the family (in my recent years, I would do this drunk).

The film that's usually put on is something of a guilty pleasure. The films are rarely very good (except Die Hard, which 10000000000000% counts as a Christmas film) and generally have some sort of cheesy aspect to them.

As such, I put the question to you: What is your guilty pleasure film or films to watch at Christmas?

For me, they are: Love Actually and The Holiday

Both are romances, cheesy, probably aimed at the female demographic (I am a dude, have a beard and am heterosexual- did you not notice the Die Hard reference)? But my God, I love them around this time!

So; let us all see your naked embarrassment!!! Tell us what you like!

I'm not a chick flick kinda girl but love actually is absolutely mine. On paper it's everything I hate in a film, cheesy romantic shite but surprised myself by really enjoying it hahaha

Home Alone films, the ones with Macaulay Culkin. Never get tired of them. Reminds me of my childhood too.

It's a Wonderful Life.

I'm not even sure if I'd call it a guilty pleasure because I'm not ashamed of it.

It's a great film. A little cheesy and unbelievable, but it does present a wonderful message.

It is also extremely difficult to watch the ending without feeling like crying- I mean peeling onions.

Love Actually has to be one of my favourites for Christmas. Yes, it is a little cheesy, but I've always been a sucker for cheesy romance films :P That, and I just enjoy that there are multiple stories to follow.

The other film that I enjoy watching every Christmas is Miracle on 34th Street (the second version). It's my favourite representation of 'Santa' in films and it gets me into the Christmas spirit.

Back