Children of Tierra [Interest/Sign-up/Etc.]

The Welsh Paddy

The Human Flamethrower
Veteran
Gil
Cactuar
Right, chaps. This is actually consisting of ideas that have been floating inside my head ever since I was a little kid. The name may be changed if I can think of something better. :hmmm:

It will be set in a fictional world, known as Tierra (For the time being, at least.) It's on the verge of destruction, due to war and pollution, and a small group of 'creatures', for lack of a better word, are given the task of saving it. Residing deep within a mountain is a large tree, with roots near engulfing the whole of Tierra. This tree maintains the 'lifeforce' of Tierra, but it is dying. The only hope is for our appointed heroes to take its final seed and bring it to the only fertile spot on Tierra, so that it could spread itself anew and restore the planet.

So that's the general outline for the story. Needless to say, I'm keeping this very simple and sweet. I find that RPs which start overly developed can get a bit too out of hand, and also leave out on much creative input from other participants. The minimum amount of participants I am looking for is three, including myself, but I'm open to having more take part, so.

Now to shed a bit more light on the setting:

Tierra is a world in ruin. Entire countries are nothing more than desolate wastelands crawling with mutants of both human and beastial origin. Many places have been flooded due to the polar icecaps melting long ago. As stated in the above paragraph, the world is heavilly polluted and ravaged by war. Much of the air is still poisoned, but both humans and animals have adapted. There are still a few civilisations. Mostly nomadic tribes who traverse the world, living off whatever they can scavenge from the remains of towns and cities. While some are friendly, others are not, and would either just shun you, or try to rob you.

Basically, just think post-apocalyptic, I guess. Only, this isn't Earth, so Tierran cities would look different to ours. It would be more steampunk-like, only it's all in complete ruin. There are still some settlements, but use of technology would be kept to a bare minimum to provide lighting, ventilation, climate control and transportation. In size they will be nothing more than tiny little villages, very rarely maintaining more than five households.

The sort of people living in this world are all mutated forms of their descendants. Humans are no longer the same, nor any other animal that lived on Tierra. They have all had to evolve in order to adapt to the harsh conditions they were thrust into.
Soooo this brings us to 'Where do we come in?'

I'm going to keep this quite focused, with only a core group of characters. There will be no factions we can choose from or anything like that. Our characters are 'caretakers', I guess, of the Tierra. Their main task was to keep the Tree (Will be given a name), healthy so that it can distribute its essence throughout the planet. Of course, they failed in this, so the few of them that have survived are out to redeem themselves by performing a final duty to Tierra, which is to take the last seed of the Tree to the one place on Tierra that is still fertile so that they can plant it and restore the world back to a healthy state.

These characters are not human. They are the sort of creatures from myths and legend, each one tied to Tierra, bonded by the elements. As such, they take on forms representing the elements they are bound by. This can be represented in any number of ways, whether they look like humanoid trees, or giants made of fire, or even in more obscure ways. (Basically you can make your character look however you want, so long as it represents one of the four elements in some way.)

There is no name as such for these creatures, as no one even thinks they exist. However, they do refer to themselves as the Children of Tierra, as they were born from the planet.

Requirements

Basically just fill out this character sheet and I'll have a look at it. :monster:

Name:

Element:

Appearance:

Special Abilities: (These must be linked to whatever element your character is bonded by. I'll give some leeway for some more unique abilities that don't tie in with any elements, however. I'll leave it up to you to come up with these, and if I feel that there are too many, or that they're too powerful, I will let you know.)

History: (More or less what part they served in maintaining the Tree before it started to die. These characters would have been alive for as long as the planet, but you don't have to go into detail about it. Just highlight the main things they had to do, and any key experiences in their lives that would shape their personality.)

Personality:

And that's pretty much it. I'm leaving the story open for development, and hope to get some more input from you guys as well, but if you've got any questions... just ask! :monster:

Back