Original Chaotic Soul

Gil
So, I mentioned being a writer in my intro thread. The story I wish to post here is one I wrote some time ago, and have been meaning to "touch up". I will likely post the first chapter tomorrow, within this thread. In the meantime, I thought I'd give a little info on it to peek interest.

What does the title mean?

cha·ot·ic/kāˈätik/
Adjective:

1. In a state of complete confusion and disorder.
2. Of or relating to systems that exhibit chaos.

soul/sōl/
Noun:

1. The spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
2. A person's moral or emotional nature or sense of identity.

In Chaotic Soul, most of the people that oppose Volkner (the main character) have been infected with a mysterious, shadow like matter that forms itself into a crystal like matter in the soul of the being infected, called a chaotic soul. People with chaotic souls appear to be in alliance, even when they've never even met. This is because they are actually being controlled by someone. This person's goals are unclear.

What kind of story is Chaotic Soul

It is hard to place it in a single genre. There is plenty of action, but there is also a large emphasis on character development and character relations.

What are the characters like?

the characters are anthropomorphic animals, similar to those in the video game series Starfox. Here are some short bios.

Volkner Faust
Species: canine(Dalmatian)
Volkner is the main character if Chaotic Soul. He is very conflicted most of the time, and has a tendency to look at the downside of matters. You can't really blame him after all he's been through, though. Volkner is kind hearted, and will go out of his way in order to help others. he's pretty intelligent, but he spends more time sulking than thinking.

Derek
Species: Leopard
Derek is a big guy with a built frame and a cybernetic right arm. He might look intimidating, but his heart is as big as his muscles. Derek isn't stupid, but he isn't winning any quiz bowls, either. Derek's home planet was destroyed, and almost none of its inhabitants remain. He is one of the first friends Volkner makes after he sets out.

Cyra
Species: canine (dalmatian)
Cyra is a childhood friend of Volkner's. Though they bid farewell when Volkner set out on his quest, their paths would soon cross again as enemies. under the effects of a particular strong chaotic soul, Volker's old friend now exists only to kill him.

Serenade Bollero
Species: Timber Wolf
Serenade is one of the last remaining agents of a now defunct organization that handled the more supernatural and secretive events that went on. At that time, such things were not public knowledge. Serenade is caring and mother-like, but can hold her own quite well.

I hope you look forward to checking out Chaotic Soul when the first chapter is posted within this thread.

Back