FFXIII-2 Challenge run that doesn’t alter mechanics of game

td01241

Gil
FFXIV
Only game I didn’t enjoy
I don’t like much of what I’ve read it seems akin to Riki mixing 9999 and calling it hard.

I’m thinking of stuff like:

-6 same paradigms the whole game

-As in 13 Sarah and Noel have roles. Rav, Med, Sav/ Com Syn Sen respectively and either not entering into the others or setting a cap.

-No weapons with ATB speed increase; no pro bolt; only ones available until you unlock Chocolina fully.

-No top monsters. This means all DLC, All chocobos, cloudburst flaninator, the well known cheese sentiments, chichu, twilights Odin, weird syn I cant spell that it’s dancing bird, you get the jist.

-Somehow limit what equipment I want to make more use out of more than increase attack and magic and reduce physical and magic damage.

-Cap on items maybe?

-Limiting monster passives from some of the known best?

-Capping CP use to objectives like parts of 13? Maybe only allowing certain perks at ends of parts of the crystarium. Like no role boost only ATB gauge, special moves, idk.

Really I don’t want to do a challenge that just 100% alters the mechanics of the game. I wanna play it as intended but if a hard mode was available. This is my first post here any thoughts I’d thank you for.

Ideas please!

I don’t like much of what I’ve read it seems akin to Riki mixing 9999 and calling it hard.

I’m thinking of stuff like:

-6 same paradigms the whole game

-As in 13 Sarah and Noel have roles. Rav, Med, Sav/ Com Syn Sen respectively and either not entering into the others or setting a cap.

-No weapons with ATB speed increase; no pro bolt; only ones available until you unlock Chocolina fully.

-No top monsters. This means all DLC, All chocobos, cloudburst flaninator, the well known cheese sentiments, chichu, twilights Odin, weird syn I cant spell that it’s dancing bird, you get the jist.

-Somehow limit what equipment I want to make more use out of more than increase attack and magic and reduce physical and magic damage.

-Cap on items maybe?

-Limiting monster passives from some of the known best?

-Capping CP use to objectives like parts of 13? Maybe only allowing certain perks at ends of parts of the crystarium. Like no role boost only ATB gauge, special moves, idk.

Really I don’t want to do a challenge that just 100% alters the mechanics of the game. I wanna play it as intended but if a hard mode was available. This is my first post here any thoughts I’d thank you for.

Ideas please!

Welcome to the forum! I thought FFXIII-2 was a surprisingly good game for a sequel.

It's been a while since I played this game so I'm not too familiar with the mechanics side of things. I asked on your behalf and it has been a long time since other people I know have played the game too.

Having said that, I think you are off to a good start there with your proposals. That should make the game more difficult. If you toss a good portion of your items and limit your use of abilities and keep only basic monsters then it could make combat more challenging.

I believe the game doesn't let you flee from battles, which could be problematic for a self-imposed 'hard mode' run.

Back