Bridget Jones's Diary & Bridget Jone : The Edge of Reason

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Brilliant books, absolutely hilarious! I can read them over and over again and not be bored. Only bad point is after seeing the movie, I can't see Bridget Jones as anyone other than Reneé Zellweger, Mark Darcy as Colin Firth...etc.

Have you read any of the two books? What did you think of them?

Donald Trump

The Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
FFXIV
Unban James, he is innocent
FFXIV Server
Ultros
You may be interested to know, that bridget jones is an adaptation of Jane Austen's pride and prejudice, so if you like BJD then you'd probably like Jane Austen.

I liked the first one more because i thought it was funnier. I like them both, even though they are formulaic and generic. Which shows they are quite well written, because you know what will happen, but you keep reading.

Fusilli

Boum!
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
I have both of the books but have only read the first so far. I love the films though. I thought the book was really good though, and as always much better than the actual film. I know what you mean with picturing the actors though, although apparently when Helen Fielding created the character Mark Darcy, she had Colin Firth in mind anyway. XD

You may be interested to know, that bridget jones is an adaptation of Jane Austen's pride and prejudice, so if you like BJD then you'd probably like Jane Austen.
I've heard that actually, Mark Darcy being based on, well, Mr Darcy. xD I haven't read that yet though but I want to...

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Although Colin Firth playing Mark Darcy in the film and then Bridet interviewing Colin Firth in the second book really screwed up my mental imagery D:

Fusilli

Boum!
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Oh yeah, they actually filmed a scene for the second film where Bridget interviews Colin, but it wasn't included in the film. You can see it here though, it makes me laugh. XD It's funny the way Colin Firth and Hugh Grant are always putting each down. I can't remember whether it was going to be in the film or not... It'd be like in Love Actually when Liam Neeson talks about Claudia Schiffer, and then she appears at the end as Carol or something. :wacky: