Bloodlines - Legacy of the Lost Dragoon

MaxiPower90

Gil
Hey guys, I am working on a novel and have enough developed in terms of world building that I wanted to start sharing. It is a project I started about ten years ago and worked on it on and off but now finally have worked out the full plot in my head so put pen to paper, or rather fingers to keyboard lol) It is Inspired by Lord of the Rings and Final Fantasy among other rpgs and follows two elves on an adventure to save the world. A brief insight to their story is below.

When alchemy was sealed from the world of Lucere, magic began to disappear. Dragons and other mystical beasts perished, but when a dragon reappears 45 years later to the great grandson of a legendary dragoon. Darius must set off on a quest to uncover the meaning of it's appearance and ultimately hope to restore a world in chaos, back from the brink.
“Do you really think the world is dying?”

Youngest son of the legendary swordsman and half-elf / half-human Andris Galati. Being of half-blood, Garcia has accepted what he is unlike his older brother Galiron, who from an early age was haunted by his differences having always felt like an outsider.

Some character pictures, first old concepts from 2009 then recent redrawings. Im getting about a dozen of these drawn so will have a lot to show over coming weeks and months.

facebook project page if anyone is intrested. https://www.facebook.com/LegacyOfTheLostDragoon

I'd be really grateful if you could give the page a like or a share to help me grow the page

This project looks really good!

I like the character designs.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I've 'liked' your page with the FFF account. I look forward to seeing more updates whenever you have them so I hope you share them with the forum. :)

thanks buddy. next character underway is Galiron, the brother of the swordsman above. he left the snow elves to join a foreign human army as he is of mixed race and felt he fitted in more there. Becoming a general he is a badass and has one of my favourite arcs in the book.

Early look at Galiron. Needs a bigger sword and angle of head going to change. Also detail in outfit will improve.

Ill update OP with finished design when It's done.

Last edited:
Early look at Galiron. Needs a bigger sword and angle of head going to change. Also detail in outfit will improve.

Ill update OP with finished design when It's done.

Nice! The artwork certainly matches how you described him in an earlier post (a badass general and half-elf, half-human who has joined the a foreign human army). I can pick out both elfin and human features, and he does look quite imposing.

Keep us updated!

Nice! The artwork certainly matches how you described him in an earlier post (a badass general and half-elf, half-human who has joined the a foreign human army). I can pick out both elfin and human features, and he does look quite imposing.

Keep us updated!

thanks man. there we go. :) Next up is Darius above great grandfather as he was when he was on his quest 45 years prior. He will be a formiddable leader tho not by means of brute strength but just his personality. He is the hero that the sub title of the book refers to.

Last of the Snow Elves is Andris Galati.

Next up, female warrior Indra and her double-sided spear and tiger motif. It should be cool when my artists finished.

That's some excellent artwork for these characters!

I love the Herakles-like appearance of Baku and the tiger-warrior theming for Indra. Based on the text I presume that Indra has a pet tiger too?

That's some excellent artwork for these characters!

I love the Herakles-like appearance of Baku and the tiger-warrior theming for Indra. Based on the text I presume that Indra has a pet tiger too?

They are husband and Wife and yes she has a pet Tiger.

He is the chieftain of a place called Lionsford where men have beasts as animals. She was an outsider but accepted in thus a Tiger amongst the lions.

and here a bonus image for the lulz

Next up is Indra's brother who carries a large halberd. Angara his name. He is a bodyguard of the warlord of Sovos. Nakari, a fat and greedy ruler. Inspired by the real-life warrior Lu Bu and His father in law the fat tyrant Dong Zhou tho their stories will be different.

Back