Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Any fan of FFVIII should be familiar with this game. Here's our second official Triple Triad tournament, to be held on June 6th. Those who are interested, sign right up asap since it's first come, first served! You have two weeks to acquire some good cards while we wait for the tournament to begin.

(The tournament can hold up to 8 users).

---

There will be 3-4 rounds. (I guess that depends on the number of participants.) Win each round and you go up to the next round, until you reach the Final Round.

Once I close sign-ups, I'll post who will be up against who.

Assuming we'll have 8 players:

First Round Prize - 100 points
Second Round Prize - 200 points + Summon Card (your choice)
Final Round Prize - 300 points + 2 Summon Card (your choice) + 2 Character Cards (your choice)

***If you haven't already, you need to purchase Triple Triad in the vBShop in order to play. (25 vbpoints)

Then head on to Triple Triad and purchase decks. The best cards (minus Summon and Character cards) will come in the Tournament pack, though you are not required to purchase the Tournament pack.

----

Players:

greenyxi
The Meddler
MagicMasher
Yaoi Master Gavin
Happy Dog
Farro
Sheechiibii
Mitsuki

Last edited:
I'm gonna join in so I can at least try and win the three month color change :damon:

I'd like to sign up, as well. However, I will be at a severe disadvantage since I cannot purchase the Tournament Deck for 1000 Gil. :hmph:

You're allowed to use any card. It won't be like last year...that took too much time and effort. So whatever card you've got in handy, it's fair game.

I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in!

5 so far. Anyone else? Need 3 more.

Last edited:
Six players. If we don't get two more players by the 6th, then we'll stick with six players.

I've never played it on a forum before. I take it it's the same principle as in viii? I bought it anyway :) so...how does it work?

Xx..xX

Pretty much the same exact way that it did on FFVIII. Except this time, you'll be against other members here, and we'll do a tournament bracket style. Last one standing, wins. :)

We need one more player, which makes it a total of 8!

Pretty much the same exact way that it did on FFVIII. Except this time, you'll be against other members here, and we'll do a tournament bracket style. Last one standing, wins. :)

We need one more player, which makes it a total of 8!

Does that mean we'll have to be online at the same time?

Xx..xX

Preferably yes, but if it isn't possible, then taking turns will have to do. The game will still sit there until someone makes a move and the game's finished.

So what's the dealio with this then? Are we starting soon? I'll try to be as active as possible, but as I'm moving house, internet time is at a premium :gasp:

I was hoping we'd get one more player to even it out, but since no one has signed up to be that last player we need...

...I guess I'll take that spot. :ryan:

I'll announce who will play with each other momentarily.

Alright then, this first round might take a few days, depending on how fast you guys finish the match with one another. One of you will have to start the match (doesn't matter who, I guess whoever reads this first), and each round, you have to follow the rules that I will specifically put down in place.

Each match is automatically recorded, and won't end until someone is declared the winner. You will only do one match per round.

Go to Triple Triad > Battle Arena > Create a match against a forum member > Enter their Username

Under Match Setup, you will be able to choose the Rules (Open, Combo, Same, Same Wall, Plus, Random, Sudden Death, Elemental).
Victory Rule should always be set to "One".

Choose 5 of your best cards, and select Send Invitation & Start Match.

-----

First Round

Rules: Sudden Death
Victory Rule: One

@Farro vs @The Meddler
@MagicMasher vs @Yaoi Master Gavin
@greenyxi vs @Happy Dog
@Sheechiibii vs Mitsuki

As you send that invitation, you should see this message:

'Waiting on Opponent'
'Your match is setup. This page will periodically refresh automatically until your opponent accepts or declines your invitation.'

So just keep checking until you guys get the game going.

The four winners will proceed to the Second Round. Good luck!

I haven't received an invite so I haven't missed my chance right? :gonk:

And also, what happens if the other person doesn't accept the request? :huh:

Last edited:
Back