Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Thanks to everyone who entered this contest! I accepted two entries per member, so with that, you may vote up to 3 entries as I am looking for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. :) Please do not vote any more than three entries.

For Birthweek scores, if you submitted two entries and have gotten more than one winning place, the entry that has achieved the highest place will count for Birthweek points.

For example:

1st place: Andrew
2nd place: Ann
3rd place: Ann
4th place: Ann
5th place: John
6th place: Jane

The points allocated will be:
Andrew: 500 points
Ann: 300 points
John: 100 points

This is to give members a chance to receive points toward Birthweek. :)

Theme: Nature / landscape / animals

1)
7059771359_8aa26ec3a7_c.jpg

2)
IMG_19800106_012420.jpg

3)
MyFish.jpg

4)
543066_263431213764516_1695531015_n.jpg

5)
IMG_19800106_013151.jpg

6)
0a68e649.png

7)

6949628138_4bddb41442_z.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely entries, guys! Had a tough one between a few.

But I went for 1 and 4...1 being my top choice. It's just...majestic. I can stare at it forever.

4 - I love black & white pictures generally. Great contrast as well - cat's really cute! It was between 2, 3, and 4 at this point, but 4 pulled me in.

I went for 2 and 5. They both have similarities that gimme nostalgia from when I used to go up mountains/along train tracks when the sun was at about the same positions as in those photos. I love how they are so clean and natural, but show how man cuts through nature with traintracks all the bloody time.

I love 2 and 5 :)

1 and 6

4's good but too teenage-girl-with-a-nikon for me

#4 & #6... I'm sold... :gonk:

...Can't make... up my mind. :sad3: Personally a fan of vibrant colours, so I'm loving the flower's colour pop, but #4 seems better framed in the picture... :hmph:

....Can you vote for two? :grin: @Mitsuki?

Edit: OMG. Nvm. *votes*

Oops I didn't know I can vote for more than 1.
@Mitsuki, I have voted #6 on the poll. But I also want to vote for 1. Thanks!

1 has great lighting and I just love photos of the sky!
2 looks like one of those motivational posters, in a good way.
6 is one well-done close-up of a pretty flower!

Great entries!

Oops I didn't know I can vote for more than 1.
@Mitsuki, I have voted #6 on the poll. But I also want to vote for 1. Thanks!

1 has great lighting and I just love photos of the sky!
2 looks like one of those motivational posters, in a good way.
6 is one well-done close-up of a pretty flower!

Great entries!

Gotcha, added one more vote for number 1. ;)

#1 is absolutely stunning. The tones are well balanced and the colours are quite striking. The composition of the piece is really good too, with a good balance between the sky and land/sea. It's clear and crisp.

#2 captures what, I imagine, was an incredibly beautiful scene and I love how you've framed the piece. The final image is no doubt the best your camera allowed, but sadly this means the colours don't quite stand out and the sun's light on the clouds, above a track that disappears into the distance between trees, isn't as breath-taking. I love the concept, though! :) The orange glow of the sun itself on the right is gorgeous.

#3 is well framed, and it looks like the fish is floating, which makes it sort of intriguing. I do feel this would have benefitted from more colours, since I imagine this fish surrounded by coral blues, oranges, yellows, reds, purples and greens.

#4 is wonderful, majestic and more striking for being in black and white. The composition is very good and I like how the cat is centralised horizonally but not vertically. The contrast between the grey background and white cat is great too as it ensures the cat is the focal point.

#6 contains some beauuutiful colours. The colours in this are perhaps the most vibrant of the six pieces and the flower stands out beautifully against deep blues, reds and greens. However, there's something slightly off about the composition. Large flowers like this are extremely hard to photograph - I always find a slightly more tilted angle works best, but you can't see as deep inside the centre, which is where the colours grow deeper. :hmmm:

#1 and #4 gmv

I liked #4 and #6 the best, although #1 was really good as well! (I'm usually a sucker for sky photography. :p)

#4 - Photographically, this photo looks the best imo. The grayscale tone looks amazing and the cat's stark white fur really stands out. The composition is lovely despite the cat being in the center of the photo, and the lighting is very good and natural~ :3

#6 - This is also a very lovely flower photo. The lighting is great and I love how the flower is able to brightly stand out amongst the darker toned grass and flowers in the background. Brilliant! ^^

We have a late entry (#7), so if you guys want to switch votes, just state it here. :)

Back