FFXIV
Salvae Celeres
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Symphony
iT6XApY.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forums' very first Member's Choice Event. This first and particular edition is being hosted specially for Birthweek, which means members can get some nice bonuses for participating. All you need do to get your hands on the goodies, is to vote for your favourite "contender" in each round. Easy!

START THE RUMBLE!!!!​

HOW TO PLAY
• A special theme has been selected for this event! We will be choosing our favourite Final Fantasy Vocal Song in a series of knock-out rounds.
• In each "Battle", two songs will be pitted against each other. Members must vote for which of the two they wish to see continue into the next round!
• At the end of each round a Results and Ranking list will be posted and a new round will begin. Rinse and repeat until we have one song left standing.
• See the SPOILER below for an example of how this works:
EXAMPLE:

Topic: Romatic Couples

Challengers:
- Zack & Aerith
- Locke & Celes
- Zidane & Garnet
- Cecil & Rosa

The challengers are chosen at random to face each other in what is know as 'battles' ('battles' is the word used to describe the voting process). The battles will be held on a one-on-one, in a series of rounds until the entrants are eliminated down to one final battle, determining the winner for the event.

Example:

ROUND 1

Battle 1:
Zack & Aerith vs Cecil & Rosa

Battle 2:
Locke & Celes vs Zidane & Garnet

[VOTING PROCESS TAKES PLACE]

Results:

Zack & Aerith = 2 votes (Knocked-out from roster)
Cecil & Rosa = 5 votes

Locke & Celes = 6 votes (Knocked-out from roster)
Zidane & Garnet = 7 votes

Cecil & Rosa will face Zidane & Garnet in the next round.

RULES & GUIDELINES
• All General Forum rules apply for this event. (Click here to view)
• Each member has only one vote per battle.
• Each battle is open for 24 hours.
• For ease of counting, please post your vote in Bold.
• Although no obligatory, members are also encouraged to give a reason for their choices in their voting posts.

REWARDS
• 1 BWP for every member who participates.
• 10 Gil for every vote posted.​

ROUND 1
BATTLE 1. Suteki da Ne (FFX) vs. Redemption (FFVII: DoC)
BATTLE 2. Calling (FFVII: AC) vs. Dragonsong (FFXIV-Heavensward)
BATTLE 3. Wanderer of Time (FFVI) vs. My Hands (FFXIII)
BATTLE 4. 1,000 Words (FFX-2) vs. Tsuki no Akari (FFIV)
BATTLE 5. Eyes on Me (FFVIII) vs. Utakata (FF Type-0 HD)
BATTLE 6. Kimi ga Iru Kara (FFXIII) vs. Why (FFVII: CC)
BATTLE 7. Safe and Sound (FFVII: ACC) vs. Real Emotion (FFX-2)
BATTLE 8. Answers (FFXIV) vs. Longing (FFVII: DoC)
BATTLE 9. Yakusoku no Basho|The Promised Place (FFXIII-2) vs.The Promised Land (FFVII: AC)
BATTLE 10. Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII) vs. Zero (FF Type-0)
BATTLE 11. Otherworld (FFX) vs. Melodies of Life (FFIX)

ROUND 2
BATTLE 1: Eyes on Me (FFVIII) vs. Wanderer of Time (FFVI)
BATTLE 2: Safe and Sound (FFVII: ACC) vs. Melodies of Life (FFIX)
BATTLE 3: Answers (FFXIV) vs. 1,000 Words (FFX-2)
BATTLE 4: Dragonsong (FFXIV-Heavensward) vs. Why (FFVII: CC)
BATTLE 5: Suteki da Ne (FFX) vs. The Promised Land (FFVII: AC)
BATTLE 6: Real Emotion (FFX-2) vs. Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII)

ROUND 3
BATTLE 1: 1,000 Words (FFX-2) vs. Kiss Me Good-Bye (FFXII)
BATTLE 2: Melodies of Life (FFIX) vs. Wanderer of Time (FFVI)
BATTLE 3: Why (FFVII: CC) vs. Suteki da Ne (FFX)

SEMI-FINALS
BATTLE 1: Wanderer of Time (FFVI) vs. Why (FFVII: CC)
BATTLE 2: 1,000 Words (FFX-2) vs. Suteki da Ne (FFX)

FINALS
END BATTLE: Wanderer of Time (FFVI) vs. 1,000 Words (FFX-2)

CONCLUSION

LET THE WILD RUMPUS START! :mogscot:

Last edited:
BATTLE 1
01 june 2015

Suteki da Ne (FFX)

VS.

Redemption (FFVII: DoC)

VOTE: Redemption (FFVII: DoC)

I've been a massive fan of Gackt's music for...forever really. There is also something seriously cool about Redemption. Suteki da Ne is a pretty song and all, but after a while I kind of switch off since it seems really repetitive to me. Redemption has a lot happening in the song, it's also snappy and to the point. Me likies.

Vote: Suteki da Ne(FFX)
Although Redemption is one of the only good things to come from DoC, Suteki da Ne is a song that came at such a turning point in the game that it's hard to top it. I think that in video games when using music like Suteki da Ne, you have to use it at the right point in the game, and they did just that. Why it gets my vote

Vote: Suteki da Ne

I've always loved the melody. Sure, a little sappy but it's a beautiful song, imo. I also didn't play enough of DoC so I can't really connect to Redemption.

Suteki Da Ne- I just never felt any of the DoC soundtrack with how far I got into it, however with FFX I enjoyed a decent portion of it and felt Suteki Da Ne really fit the moment it was used. It helped pull you into that moment so that's why it gets my vote.

Definitely Suteki Da Ne

It's a stunning song that almost always comes to mind when I think of FF10. Memorable is the word :monocle:.

RESULTS
BATTLE 1

• Suteki da Ne (FFX) = 4
• Redemption (FFVII: DoC) = 1

~ Suteki da Ne (FFX) goes forward to Round 2 ~

BATTLE 2
02 june 2015

Calling (FFVII: AC)

VS.

Dragonsong (FFXIV-Heavensward)
WARNING: VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS

VOTE: Calling (FFVII: AC)

Calling has such a sense of freedom about it and is one of those "feel good" songs that you would listen to cruising on a summer day. It's a song that always makes me smile which is why it got my vote.

I think that Dragonsong is nice but I'm not really feeling it. Eh, it drags on a bit too much in the monotone for me.

Vote: Dragonsong (FFXIV-Heavensward)

I couldn't stand "Calling" at all... Dragonsong isn't that good, but it's got a certain charm to it...

Voting for Dragonsong. It may be because I also like a female vocalist more but Calling was just to "upbeat" and there's so much of that I can take, I prefer songs that have that a smaller dose of it that kinda pump you up. Dragon song had that nice and slow piano bit with the opening and helped draw you in and while not a pig part or I should say it was just a constant "ahhh" I also really like the chanting going on throughout the song as well.

Dragonsong. It doesn't have the same power punch as Answers, imo...but I really love the music all the same. It's especially a lot more moving when you view the ARR ending.

I've never heard of Calling...and I've seen Advent Children plenty of times. o_O

Vote FFVII calling - purely a series bias here. I haven't heard the FFXIV one too much having not played the game either so it's easy decision for me.

RESULTS
BATTLE 2

• Calling (FFVII: AC) = 2
• Dragonsong (FFXIV-Heavensward) = 3

~ Dragonsong (FFXIV-Heavensward) goes forward to Round 2 ~

BATTLE 3
03 june 2015

Wanderer of Time (FFVI)

VS.

My Hands (FFXIII)

VOTE: Wanderer of Time

Wanderer of Time is the classic, iconic Final Fantasy type vocal song. My Hands on the other hand :-)wacky:) sounds like the end of some Disney Movie... 8(

Besides that Wanderer of Time is a simply beautiful song that hits you right in the feels.

How is this one even a contest? :wacky:

While I wish Wanderer of Time has English lyrics, it's essentially the vocal rendition of one of my favourite themes ever in the series. Leona Lewis's song does not fit her game whatsoever (get in the shower and putting on makeup! So relevant to the story of doomed outlaws aimlessly running around trying to work out how to overcome their perilous situation!) and Square clearly plucked the song at the last moment just for the most cringeworthy of western marketing. Anyone remember that awkward video of Leona Lewis pretending to enjoy running around Gran Pulse? Yeah, this is what "My Hands" makes me think of.

Vote: Wanderer of Time(FFVI)

For one, it's actually enjoyable. Two, it's in the game basically. Finally, one of the best themes in the FF series

Wanderer of Time, hands down. I've never actually heard the vocals before until now. Maybe I did a looong time ago (I did play the first game, but never finished it) but it's pretty new to me. Love it.

'My Hands' took some time to grow on me, and the song isn't that bad by itself, but like Livi said, it's really odd to attach any relations to Final Fantasy.

Yay for Wanderer of Time, because it evokes all sorts of fuzzy good feelings. It also has "Final Fantasy" written all over it.

Nay for My Hands, it sounds to me like the daily MTV factory song and hardly connects with the other nice tunes in FFXIII.

Wanderer of time for me too. It's hands down the better choice. Really not a fan of anything XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back