Best way to train MAG stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sean

I am the bone of my sword.....steel is my body and
Veteran
Gil
So what is the best way. I have been spamming spells for a while and it seems to go up slowly :hmmm:

Is there any other way?

Your MAG stat? Well the only way to make that increase your MAG is to apply attribute points to the MAG stat in the Customize Character screen, casting spells many times may just level those spells up, some growing slightly stronger each time the spell levels up.

But you are one of the best RPGers here, you should already know all this... :hmmm: Curious to see how I would answer it? :P

I wanted to see whether someone had some sort of special way to train their MAG stat. I wasn't testing you or anything :ahmed:

Honestly :ahmed:

Training spells takes forever :gonk:. And why is the damage dealt set to a certain amount for each spell?

What do you mean? >.> And no need to get your back up, sorry. ^^; I don't think there is any alternative way to get spells strengthened other than using them a lot or any other way to increase MAG than adding attribute points to the stat (unless we decide to add equipment with a MAG modifier. :hmmm:).

The easiest was to level up spells is to cast them on yourself and have your pet heal you. It's the fastest way.

I remember in the old RPG's there used to be a Mage Spell Trainer with high MAG DEF and low DEF. So you could cast as many spells as your MP would allow you. It also trained Arcane of course. But other than that, Halifax's method is the best way even though he's from AUS.

And damage is set, probably because stacking spells becomes overpowered. Leveling them up changes base damage, miss chance and MP Cost. (not always a good change)

The best area to train spells is in Centra Tower. Tonberries there have low Mag DEF and low speed, so you can add some DEF points and a lot of Mag and spam them with spells. It only took me a few hours to master all the -ra spells. :)

Well I see, Crazy Adamant, training by making his MP really huge and having 30 mag. He appears to of kept some defence up. So his spells hit low to make him to cast them more often. Which appears to be giving him great experience.

That's typically how I train the spells, tbh. Put spells into MP and just keep casting til I run out. It takes a while but it's faster than doing it in normal battles.

It's not cheating either because we've been allowed the chance to do it that way. :ahmed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back