Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
ok throughout the FF series in each one (more or less) there has been one character who is a spell caster - and what I'd like to know is which ones the best. Please try to not choose your favorite and try to vote for the best one.

Im going to go with Aerith - her impressive magic slinging and her amazing limit breaks - especially Great Gospel - which just sets her above every other Mage character in FF history.

In the poll for those options which have slashes through them I.E. Terra/Celes - please state which one you voted for ^_^

I know in some games (FFVIII and FFXII) every character can be a mage - i just put the ones who are generally the best at it. And for FFVI i only put Terra and Celes as they are the only ones who can learn Magic Naturally

Hmmm I think it's a tie between Vivi, Aerith, and Terra.
In most of the games I think...any of the characters could have been magnificent spell casters...

FFVII is the same way, however...Aerith's limit breaks make your party invincible.
Terra has her morph ability, which, like Rydia said, is incredibly powerful. o_O
And vivi is a master magician, but his powers do fall somewhat short of Terra and Aerith's.
Although Terra can morph...Aerith still has invincibility. ^_^

Overall though, I choose....AERITH

I chose Yuna/lulu...Mainly Lulu, since yuna filled her role as a great summoner.

I chose lulu, becuase, she looks the part, the best. Also, b/c of what she said when she fought yunalesca. O, and b/c of whenever she gets a new spell, i like wehn she says her little phrases.AWSOME.

Actually, Yuna does more black magic damage than Lulu does when she's maxed out. ^_^
Which doesn't make sense...

Depends what you call a "spellcaster". Honestly, a Morpher in FFTA with the Blaster skill is probably the best I know of (that spell is insanely cheap), while Minwu from FF II is the best listed spellcaster because he has every White Magic skill at high levels and makes a sweet comeback in Dawn of Souls.

I think it is Vivi because his skills that he can learn are awesome. But one person that I thought was good that you didn't put was Tellah from IV. Although he's old and he dies from using too powerful of a magic I still thought he was pretty good in that game and I used him a lot when I had him. Porom and Polom weren't too bad either just because of their Twin move. But I'm gonna have to stick with Vivi.

Vivi's the epitome Black Mage. The little guy's the spellcasting master! Got some of the best spells and if you missed one, it was a bich because you couldn't go back and get the weapons needed to get all his spells sometimes.

I'm wondering if I should've voted for Vivi now. =\
But you could have taught all of those skills to Aerith anyway...o_O

Final Fantasy 6's team for me, one was an Esper who could trash opponents in quick time and the other has the cheap as hell Runic ability, God that was cheap.

I might have voted for 4's mob if you'd included Tellah since he was so damn mighty but I guess it's a fair omission.

I'll be biased and go for Vivi. Not only does he visually suit the role of a Black Mage, his spells are packed with power, and look great. Not many games have that combination. ;p

Lulu looks the part, but honestly can't exactly say the same for her as I can for Vivi. She's just a step down on him, I think.

As for the others, I can't say I really care for them. Aerith in particular... useless girl.

Overall: Vivi.

I decided to go for Yuna/Lulu, and if I had to chose between those two it would be Lulu all the way. I don't know what it is, but she just looks like she's the best XD

Garnet i think was pretty good

but from what i have to pick from
i would go for lulu or vivi

Last edited:
Celes ia a very good character, but I like Vivi best. Aside from him being a very useful character to have in battle, he (as well as Celes) is one of the most complex characters in the FF series. There are some really touching moments in FFIX involving Vivi coming to terms with his origins and his own mortality.

Has to be Yuna. Final Fantasy 10 lets you do 99,999 damage. Her summons give her an edge. Aeris has Invinsibility for a short time but its impossible for her to have the same survival factor as Yuna.

I voted for Lulu and Yuna because in a matter of speaking they can do the biggest amount of damage...so that makes them the best in my book!

Followed by probably Terra and Celes and Vivi...the rest suck in my opinion!

Now that I think aboot it...

Yuna has it all...
White magic, black magic AND summons. o_O

Back