Help Best License board direction for each Character

Squid

Suck my dick.
Veteran
Gil
I have just started replaying through this game and I was wondering if someone could give me some help about the best direction to take each character on the license board?
I get that eventually they'll all learn the same shite anyway but for most of the game they wont.

So i really want to know which weapon is best for each character and which I should teach magic and techniques etc.

Thank you :ari:

I always have reletively the same plan with my characters in this game. I give them roles and have two parties which I rotate. I have a warrior, a white mage and a black mage.

Basch (warrior)
Penelo (black)
Vaan (white)
or
Balthier (warrior)
Ashe (black)
Fran (white)

I prefer the second team, and would use them all the time if I didn't like to have them all at the same level. So, baring in mind the roles I set for them, what their stats are and what each weapons increase, I have these weapon types for each character:

Penelo/Ashe
Maces, staves, rods.
Fran
Bows, crossbows, guns.
Vaan
1 handed swords, (2 handed later in game).
Balthier
Katana, ninja Swords, poles, daggers.
Basch
1/2 handed swords.

Note that I don't buy them all, I get whatever weapon is the strongest of any of those types at that point in the game, and then buy the licence for it. As for techniques, it depends a little, I haven't got them figured out as well as I'd like, but this is generally what I like each character to have:

Ashe/Penelo (Black mages)
Charge, libra, adle, shades of black, achilles and shear. The black magic and the magic boosts.
Vaan/Fran (White mages)
Charge, first aid, charm and revive. All the white magic and the magic boosts.
Basch/Balthier (warriors)
Steal, poach, soul eater, infuse, bonecrusher, expose, sight unseeing, wither, telekinesis and numerology. Health boosts, damage boosts and shield boosts.

As for the accessories, I get them as I go along, and like with the weapons, I buy the licence for them once I need it.

The stats at the begining of the game don't vary very much, so choosing who will do what roles is pretty free for all. I just like them that way. Fran and Vaan, although being the white mages, are still very strong. This is also the kind of game where you don't have to give them roles at all, they could all do the same thing, all learn healing spells and black magic and strength stats, but I find it more fun and strategic to give them set roles in the party.

Have fun! :D

Back