FFF Choice Best FF Location - Poll

Which location is the best out of FFF's top ten?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Following the response to our call (in this thread and on social media) we have narrowed down FFF’s favourite locations to a top 10.

Through a poll we are now seeking to discover which location is considered the ‘best’ location by the community.

Depending on the number of comments we receive we may include comments about several locations in the magazine article itself, but we hope to be able to demonstrate which location is favoured by the community via the poll.

Please make your vote count!

Mitsuki

Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
After much consideration, I voted for Lindblum. While I adore Black Mage Village (and the concept of living there), the hustle and bustle of Lindblum city drew me in. It isn’t your typical city due to the time period, and I’ve always adored the art, environment, the grand castle, the cobblestone streets, buildings and cottages lined up along the roads. Some areas reminds me a bit of Thomas Kincade’s paintings, except less on nature imagery. I’m not too fond of city-type locations (I prefer the small quaint villages and towns), but this is probably the only city that has captivated me due to its Final Fantasy theme. Its charming look and non-stressful navigation in the game makes me wish that I’m in a different time period. It’s almost poetic, really.

Last edited:

Six

s ᴏ ʟ ɪ ᴛ ᴜ ᴅ ᴇ
Staff member
Global Moderator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
^ I am very disappointed in you.

-

Nominated Cosmo Canyon, and I'm voting Cosmo Canyon for the same reasons I nominated it! xD

bandokanon

amazing avocado
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
aaahh I'm feeling torn now that I'm seeing the choices. I nominated Fossil Roo, but I know it won't make the cut... On the other hand, all the other answers aside from Conde Petie fail to tickle my fancy...

Fossil Roo or Conde Petie ... Hmmm...

Vivi-Gamer

Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
I voted for Lindblum, reflecting on it the place is actually quite large in scale! I love how you have multiple districts and traverse within the Taxis. The place also just has such a community to it and it's heartwarming to see while even pushed to the bring of destruction through war the community remains strong in putting all their efforts into re-building. I love the introductory shot where you see all the airships floating around this fortress and being so giddy to explore.

Also, I love the Cid's Theme which plays out in the castle.

Storywise it holds so many great moments within the game itself from the Festival Hunt, to meeting Freya In the bar. I just had a really nice time visiting and exploring each district.

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
I don't know which one to vote for... In the end i had to vote for Lindblum, i was going vote for Balmba Garden, but it being a school was a turn off.

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
It was a very hard choice for me to pick one place since there are two places that I like that are on the poll. These two places were Black Mage Village and Besaid Island. After a long thinking, I decided to go with Besaid Island. I find this place to be very relaxing and peaceful. I think it is the perfect choice for the FFF Magazine since that location seems the best place for starting a conversation and meet new people, just like you do in a forum. That is why I voted for it.

Espurr

Staring deep into your soul
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
I can't even remember most of those. It's been that long since I've played FFIX. lol

Of the ones I do remember I'd give it to Balamb Garden. Partially because I'm biased towards FFVIII but also because I always enjoyed the look of the whole school theme. It actually made me think that High School would be like that. Sadly it wasn't. :(

charmy

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
It was hard to pick one, but I went with Besaid Island. While I do like Balamb Garden and Cosmo Canyon (especially the music!), I think overall I enjoyed Besaid Island the most because the landscapes were so beautiful - you have the beach, the waterfall, lots of green . . . . it would be a nice place to be.

bandokanon

amazing avocado
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
After much consideration, I have changed my vote to lindblum! ....because apparently I'm able to do that.

I must face it tho: obscure locations cannot win. And lindblum sticks so well with people-- better than treno it seems, which would have been my next option if it were there. (That or galbadia city....hmmm too bad those didn't make the cut)

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Just a reminder that people have until 29th March to cast their votes for this!

GothicSyn

Blue Mage
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
I'm no dead! Oh wait not what was asked :P I was always a sucker for the setting in IX, and so Lindblum will be my choice. Plus it kinda looks like the kind of city I can get anything I need at any hour, so never a chance I'm going to be caught short.

Top Bottom