Best Abilities System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VII. Was literally the best system out there in my opinion. Loved it. :D

Lol, I hated VII's. Anyway...voted VIII. It was epic, having your summons be useful for something other then summoning..

It was between FFVII and FFX for me. On one hand, the Materia system is really unique, fun and simple to use, but on the other hand, FFX gives you total and complete freedom to decide how your characters are going to develop.

So, I voted for FFX, because of that freedom.

FF7 was too open but still good. FF9 was perfect imo. FF10 created something completely unique but awesome.

IX for me, because out of the ones I really liked, this was the only one that wasn't obviously broken. I loved junctioning in VIII and the materia system in VII was both easy and versatile, but both systems were too easy to abuse. X was just rather pointless.

Uhm i was gunna vote the sphere grid however im gonna go with the junction system of 8 I absolutely love the how u junction magic to increase stats, makes for a very fun game i think.

This is one of the hardest polls. XD Even though I think the Junction system is similar to the Materia system, I think the first was better than the latter (despite of me being a big FFVII fan). The Sphere Grid from FFX was a breakthrough in my opinion, but still I'm torn between Materia and Junction.

Anyways, I ended up choosing the Junction system. Junctioning the right spells to the right attributes leads to awesome results. It took me a while to learn the whole thing but in the end, it was worth it. ^_^

I think combinations of materia can make for some awesome results. I mean, the Final Attack/Phoenix combination just owns in so many regards, let alone the other crazy combinations you can make. So I go with FFVII on this one.

I don't like an ability system where a character has little individuality. FFX was a great combination of solidifying the character's individuality (Lulu being a mage, etc), and then allowed you to customize and modify more as the game went on.

Had to go for X, with IX being second place for a return to "class" style game mechanics.

I hated the sphere grid. I loved FFIX's system though. Not sure why, it just seemed to work. It was perfect for how far you were through the game and having to sacrifice some abilities for others.

If only VIII didn't have that stupid DRAWback. otherwise it would have won for me.

VII it is as I liked the idea of adding the materia to your armour/weapon. seemed more tangible. and like having the materia 'born' ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back