Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
So what's your bedtime routine like? What time do you go to sleep normally? Do you feel that as you get older, it's harder to stay up anymore? Do you fall asleep as soon as you hit the pillows or must you lie there for an hour or so before sleep hits you?

I miss the days when 2-3 a.m. was my typical bedtime. Nowadays I just can't do it anymore. Sometimes I'm out by 8 p.m. but normally 9-10 p.m. is my actual bedtime, except for when I'm closing at work.

Late nights are my favorite though since everyone's typically out by 9 p.m. (at least my baby is...) but lately my teenage daughter has been staying up past 10 p.m. clacking away at the keyboard doing her assignments, so it's hard to find some time to do my late night photoshop session these days.

I'm trying to find a routine again when I can have a bit of alone time to myself.

But that's not gonna happen if I keep falling asleep before my kids pass out! :O

No routine, other than making my bed right before I go to sleep. Don't ever make it otherwise. I used to have huge problems sleeping, laying in bed for hours. I later learned it's because I have a specific form of an issue known as Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. Essentially, people have extended bouts of higher and lower energy at certain points while awake, and these highs and lows are known as a circadian rhythm. My circadian rhythm is extended past a 24 hour cycle, so my cycles of energy rotate across the days, meaning I get tired later and later each day, until I'm forced to stay awake as long as I can in order to reset to a normal schedule. Otherwise, I just lay awake forever. I never have trouble falling asleep unless I'm forced to.

I don't really have a routine maybe hmmm. I tend to fall asleep around 1-2am though! Usually I'm on my phone messaging or something and then just pass out suddenly. Admittedly it's 4am right now but that's more the exception.

A year or so ago I could stay up all night and all day without too much worry but at this point I just feel /awful/ when I attempt to do that. I attribute that to old age and I don't like it at all. Not one bit.

What's a routine?

I'm a night owl. Sometimes I call it a night at 4am, other times I feel knocked out by 1:30am. My body has rigorously adhered to this general pattern that I cannot physically make myself sleep at any earlier hour unless insomnia has deprived me of a night's sleep the day before. Any attempt to adjust my body clock to allow me to go to sleep at a slightly less antisocial time of the night in order to be up bright and early the following day for work would need roughly a period of a month for the adjustment to properly work.

I'm the worst night owl... I should probably sleep at 10.30 for work, but most nights I don't get sleep until 1. I always do Wonder what my potential would be if slept the recommended amount.

But I usually can't sleep if I try to sleep earlier than 12... Then I'm up all night :(

If we are talking about personal routine, I think I'm between a 10:00 pm and 12:00 am sleeper. I go through cycles of personal goals of athletic stuff like running, climbing, biking and hiking. During these times I need my rest obviously in order not to get sick. When I'm set to try to lose weight, I go to sleep a lot earlier than normal. In my down times of all this, I usually go to bed a lot later due to my body is used to a bit of exercise wherever.

I also need white noise in the room. It could be a sound of a fan, or our nature app we use via Iphone/Tablet, I can't hear nothing.

My best sleep I get is after a long hike/camp.. I feel for whatever reason super rested after this whether it be tenting it up, or back at the house.

I have to moisturise before I get into bed, especially my feet, otherwise I'd feel uncomfortable :sad3:

as for bedtime, uhhh it got messed up after I graduated a year ago, it varies between 3-5am now, and even after getting ready for bed it takes me at least 30 minutes to fall asleep (half of that time is spent on tossing and turning to find a comfortable position smh)

sometimes I'd get rid of my pillow and sleep without it, I find it easier to sleep that way for some reason :unsure:

I don't really have a routine maybe hmmm. I tend to fall asleep around 1-2am though! Usually I'm on my phone messaging or something and then just pass out suddenly. Admittedly it's 4am right now but that's more the exception.

A year or so ago I could stay up all night and all day without too much worry but at this point I just feel /awful/ when I attempt to do that. I attribute that to old age and I don't like it at all. Not one bit.

Old age huh? It says your 24, that is young in my book.

I don't really have a routine per-say, but I try to go to bed around 10pm (this does not always work). When I go to bed I usually lay there for an hour before I fall asleep, so my bed time keeps getting later. My mind does not shut off like it is suppose to so I will stay up til 1am or so, then I will fall asleep. I do have one rule, however, I cannot go to sleep unless my boys are asleep. Maybe this is why after I take my boys to school I will pass out in my recliner for a few hours.

I do sleep better when my mind is at peace, which lately, is not the case.

I wouldn't say I really had a routine. I tend to just go to bed whenever I feel tired.

Earlier this year I would go to bed at around 2-3am, but I have been going a lot earlier now because I recently got a puppy. Apart from waking me up at 7am for breakfast, he has a lot of energy during the day so, in addition to work and other things I do, he also wears me out. Now my bedtime is at around 12am.

Thankfully I have always been able to go to sleep straight away. Getting me out of bed in the morning - that's the real challenge :P

I also need white noise in the room. It could be a sound of a fan, or our nature app we use via Iphone/Tablet, I can't hear nothing.

Ooooh, that for sure! I forgot that that was a requirement for me to sleep, because it's so natural now that I don't even think about it. I need some form of moving light and noise. So I usually use a fan, and have my PS4 play YouTube videos for an hour or so before shutting off automatically. I find it super comforting to fall asleep to GDQ speedruns, or SomeCallMeJohnny reviews, or Nostalgia Critic, or whatever.

I work nights, so my routine (not that i have one, really) is all over the place. Last night i was actualy in bed for 10pm, but still didnt get up to 1pm, a couple of days before that i didnt get out of bed til 7pm, so I'm generally all over the place. I've always liked sleeping though

It wasn't like I had them every night, I used to like a bacon sandwich before going to bed. Recently I've been feeling ill so even worry about eating bread late.
I don't drink sommuch these days. I take my mirtazapine prescription (since 2010 and I feel much better and happier than I was starting on them) about an hour before bed.
Browse a lot. Have TV on in background (Not today as I can barely hear it).
I love watching the light go out in the bus stop just down the road from my window.
12.01 sometimes 12.02 at night it switched off. Sentimental but I like catching it going out.
But if I miss it, that's that. I can still sleep easily, will just have to catch it another day.

Back in the day, all the way through college and little beyond, it was tough for me to get to bed before 2am or so. Now in my career, having to be at work for 8am, I usually get to bed anywhere from 11:30 to 1. And the only real way I can stay up beyond that is if I'm consumed in video game play. Otherwise I'm drooling on myself by 12.

For my routine, I don't have much of one. I usually sit with my computer and watch a video or 2 and it starts getting me drowsy after a bit. Funny enough, these days, I can play a game and go to bed right after. Before I'd have to wind down a bit after playing the game, but not anymore. When I was working until 10, I would have to spend time winding down before bed. I guess even if I'm tired, a 40 minute commute winds me up a bit and won't allow me to go right to sleep. But in my age, it's easy to go down quickly and easily.

Oh wow I didn't post yet? Well, my bedtime can really differ but for the most part now it's always going to be incredibly late like 3-4am or so due to me taking on a night job again this summer. I have gotten so much sleep the last few months though because classes were early in the morning at 8am. But for the most part I dont even have a bedtime. It always will fluctuate unless I'm getting up early for university classes because working at night really messes you up and leaves you no choice but at least I can get a healthy few hours of sleep once I get home. I've adopted being a night owl since like high school though. It's horrible at times.

Lol, what bedtime routine?

What's a routine?

I'm a night owl. Sometimes I call it a night at 4am, other times I feel knocked out by 1:30am. My body has rigorously adhered to this general pattern that I cannot physically make myself sleep at any earlier hour unless insomnia has deprived me of a night's sleep the day before. Any attempt to adjust my body clock to allow me to go to sleep at a slightly less antisocial time of the night in order to be up bright and early the following day for work would need roughly a period of a month for the adjustment to properly work.

This. No matter how busy I've been that day.

Prompting an update from everyone.

An average day usually consists of putting the baby down to sleep around 8pm. From that point I go and clean up the 5 thousand toys that I had already picked up earlier that day along with anything not cleaned up from dinner. Do dishes or laundry if they didn't get finished earlier and then relax with the husband until he leaves by 10:45pm for work. My routine changed now that I'm off of work, so instead of going to bed around 11pm-12am it's been more around... well it's 2am now, so around then 😅 So by that point I lock the doors, check the cat water, adjust the temperature of the house if needed & then turn off the lights and do bedtime stuff. Sometimes I take something to help me get to sleep, but only if I feel wide awake. Fan is always on for sleep.

Then I enjoy the bed because I don't have to share at night anymore - I am a beautiful butterfly and need to spread my wings sometimes. :griin:

I'm a night owl but due to a condition I have (completely unrelated), I have anything but a routine.

Back