BBS Ultimania Details: 3 New KH Titles? [3/24]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
The Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ultimania releases tomorrow however details from the intensive guidebook containing an interview with series director Tetsuya Nomrua have already been revealed.

“About the next title, Kingdom Hearts 3 depends on Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but development of the next title is already underway. There are two titles other than Kingdom Hearts 3 in conception, and I think I’ll release one within this year.”

“As from next year, I want to put out a title with multiple main characters.”

“The series won’t end in Kingdom Hearts 3, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga.”

“It’s not the case that when Sora’s story is over another hero’s story will begin; Sora will be the hero until the end.”

And on the overseas version: “We added the Critical degree of difficulty, more cutscenes, more songs to the Rhythmic Ice Cream mini game, more Keyblades, more types of enemies and altered battle balance. I still can’t say we’ll release a Final Mix, but we can’t give it the generous treatment like with Re:Chain of Memories.”

Source: Heartstation.org

This makes me happy - they're not going to bleed Xehanort's story dry but they're going to continue with what's made it a success. Good call, SE, good call! We have to ask, though, are we still going to see an abundance of Disney worlds, or even Donald and Goofy again? Will be still be pursuing Heartless?

I can't imagine stories about "Kingdom Hearts" where Heartless nor the man who set forth these events in motion don't appear. If they don't then they'll have a creative challenge on their hands; if they do then they probably will end up bleeding it dry.

I'll still buy them, though...Kingdom Hearts completes me haha.

Whoa, that all sounds awesome!

Nomura mentioned before he wanted to release one KH game before KH3, so I wonder what the other KH game is then?

So KH is gonna be running a long time? It's all good 'cause I love Sora, but I really wonder how far ahead Nomura is thinking about the story O.O

I mean, where do you go after Xehanort? :hmmm:

Also loving how the "over seas" version is gonna have more stuff, yays :3

If there are three more Kingdom Hearts games in consideration - that sounds rather ambitious considering SE has a lot of projects up its sleeves. Still, I welcome this because it would be awesome to see the franchise spread out.

I'm interested to see what their new direction will be in the series. Start with a whole new fresh story but keep the existing characters? Continue the existing story somehow? Nomura has considerable control of the reins here, so I have quite a bit of faith in him.

By the way, I'm willing to let them take precedence in the development of Versus before working on KHIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back