Bomb
Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
So after enjoying three books out of seven in the Dark Tower Series, I started listening to it on the way to work. Personally I love reading when my mind isn't muddled by work brain or with a bad day. It clears out the head and then allows me to imagine with some spatial cognizance. Though since my commute is over an hour long in the morning, I've tended to stick to my audibles.

Does anyone else love audibles/audiobooks? If so, what do you love about them the most? I'll fill in my detail a bit after a response or two.

You'll have plenty more to read/listen to with the rest of the Dark Tower series! The books get longer and longer.

Audiobooks are quite handy for me, especially if I'm on the train or bus. I can't read on public transport because I get motion sickness so at least with an audiobook I can still listen to my favourite books. I also do a lot of reading and computer work as part of my job so my eyes get pretty tired to read sometimes.

I still do prefer reading when I can, but when I can't focus on the text the audiobooks are great.

You'll have plenty more to read/listen to with the rest of the Dark Tower series! The books get longer and longer.

Audiobooks are quite handy for me, especially if I'm on the train or bus. I can't read on public transport because I get motion sickness so at least with an audiobook I can still listen to my favourite books. I also do a lot of reading and computer work as part of my job so my eyes get pretty tired to read sometimes.

I still do prefer reading when I can, but when I can't focus on the text the audiobooks are great.

I really am loving the series with Book 4 now. This is such an infatuating tale in my opinion. I am also in computer work so I get you there. I wear blue light prevention glasses now and they make a world of difference!

qqLg4A6.gif

*Phoenix Down*
I don't really read that much. I want to want to read, but sitting down and reading isn't the first on my list of things I want to do when I've got time. I try and settle down at the end of the day to read but I still find it a struggle.

Anyway, a few years ago I got a job that allowed us to use our headphones whilst we worked. It was awesome because the type of work didn't require much communication with our coworkers or clients and the room often went quiet for a few hours at a time. After a while I just didn't feel like music so I got a few audio books from my brother and started to read that way.

I don't know why but it really was a game changer for me. It's like the material just stuck in my head so much better and I didn't have to reread/rewind that often when I spaced out. The irritation of visually loosing my place also wasn't a concern, and I could just pause my audio when I needed to do something or chat with someone.

I've heard that people with dyslexia can benefit from audio book reading. True or not, it really did help me with my dyslexia, and reading is much more enjoyable if & when I do sit down to listen to a book. I still don't read often though so I haven't gotten an audible account, but it's nice knowing that if I have a long drive or something that I can enjoy a book while doing that.

Back