012: Duodecim Assists

Rorolina Frixell

Alchemist of Arland
Veteran
Gil
Is it just me who hates them with a fiery passion?

Offline or online they do my head in, seems like characters don't have weaknesses anymore because you can just hold them in place with an assist to make them practically unbeatable -__-

One big example of this giant weakness-remover is the 'BRV rapists' Squall and Sephiroth, no longer do you need to place attacks in to hold an enemy down, just have an assist keep them in place and use those hard-to-land HP attacks that way :rage:

So yeah, who else loathes these things?

/yay rant thread

assist + squall = epic win :britt:

on topic I like the new assists.. make playing with people harder XD cuz you can combo people now and epicly own them XD

if you don't like them then make a rule set with assist turnt off

Harder to do that offline or when the players prefer fighting with assists, just makes me wonder where skill went in the game, you had to master the characters in Dissidia but in Duodecim you just need to be able to master using assists :hmmm:

Least that's how I see it, most just build up the assist gauge with random attacks and get the assist to hold them down so you can HP attack :gonk: whatever happened to playing on strengths and weaknesses?

Harder to do that offline or when the players prefer fighting with assists, just makes me wonder where skill went in the game, you had to master the characters in Dissidia but in Duodecim you just need to be able to master using assists :hmmm:

Least that's how I see it, most just build up the assist gauge with random attacks and get the assist to hold them down so you can HP attack :gonk: whatever happened to playing on strengths and weaknesses?

I won't sit there and do random attack to build up the assist bar... people that do that are total noobs :( I attack as normal and if i see my assist gauge is full I think score.... but i only use it if i must.. I mainly use my to get out of attacks XD

I agree with you Mortel. I was playing on adhoc party with a guy and he totally owned me. I was locked in a corner with the assist character most of the time and then he chain it with a brave attack and then do a HP attack with Squall. He was using Kuja as an assist and it wasn't pleasent at all. I hate spell casters! Now there is no chance of winning.

Assists stop freaking infinites. It imbalances one thing and balances another.

Back