Artists that disturb you.

Dr. Percival Cox

My old posts make me cringe
Veteran
Gil
Is there any musical artists that really freak you out? For me, it's definetely Aphex Twin. Has anyone seen the video for Window Licker? It is the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

Who disturbs...YOU?

Aphex are pretty damn freaky. I dunno, Slipknot kinda freaked me out when I was younger, the masks did scare me alittle. Marilyn Manson did also freak me out when I was a kid, but I grew to like him and his music.

Lady GaGa. I could say 'enough said' but I need to elaborate more than that, right? For one, her songs are impossibly addictive. Not catchy - ADDICTIVE. I don't even like her and yet I was humming Telephone yesterday :rage:
I was really disturbed in the MTV Music Awards when she did the whole Papparazi dance and fake blood appeared on her body. The look in her eyes...................... Like some creepy doll...... Her video Bad Romance is just... I can't even put it to words, it's creepy in every sense. Now, you can go ahead and say 'oh, that's just her style, you don't get it.' But really, how much is too much?

It used to be Slipknot, till I understood them more. Meh, these days I guess marilyn manson.. anyone who pisses and shits on himself on live shows is enough said..

That's about it though. Aside from that Lady Gaga disturbs me with her face =\.

Pete Burns (the dude who originally did "You Spin Me Right Round").

Why?

Then.
http://butlersheetmetal.com/tinbasherblog/images/pete_burns_spinning_you_right_round.jpg

Now.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/16/article-0-073C7FC9000005DC-29_468x475.jpg

And people made fun of Michael Jackson for his surgery. Meanwhile Pete Burns has transformed himself from a crazy dude with 80's hair and an eyepatch into...what appears to be the bastard lovechild of Gollum, Angeline Jolie, and Marylin Manson (please note that I am no longer sure what gender, if any, this being is).

Lady Gaga

I can't stand her, she wears these weird costumes
also, you know she's got male and female parts?

Lady Gaga. :mokken:

1. I can't even figure out WHAT she is. My family has this theory that she's a reinvention of Amy Winehouse...xD
2. DAMN ADDICTIVE SONGS, like Laro said. Ugh, I don't even like her, but yeah.
3. ...just her. She's just a bit creepy, don't you think? :andry:

Is there any musical artists that really freak you out? For me, it's definetely Aphex Twin. Has anyone seen the video for Window Licker? It is the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

Who disturbs...YOU?
I like Windowlicker, nice parody of your usual rap video shit, then putting his face on the hot models, the album cover for that is fantastic, a nice rack then his face. Perhaps he's making a point about beauty, who knows.

I don't really find any music 'disturbing' some I find challenging, in as much as they challenge preconceived notions of music, also that what they play can be quuite inaccessible.

The Fall fit into both categories. Firstly, their music can be quite disjointed, and can be difficult to listen to at times. It can be challenging as Mark E. Smith has a delivery like John Cooper Clark, without the poetry. There's a lot of just talking and nothing else.

Some people find the oedipal part of 'The End' quite disturbing. I'm not one of them, but I can see how singing about killing your father and fucking your mother may upset some people.
Another example like 'The End' would be Frankie Teardrop by suicide. Fairly heavy and dark sub synthpop sound with some guy murmuring interrupted by intermittent screaming. With the lights down and the volume up and really concentrating it could be quite nasty.

Nick Cave's murder ballads may be disturbing, but the way in which they're played doesn't make them disturbing I don't think.

Some people find the oedipal part of 'The End' quite disturbing. I'm not one of them, but I can see how singing about killing your father and fucking your mother may upset some people.

I never thought it was that disturbing. Im not sure whether he was saying it to offend people or what but it was quite funny imo.
Theres no artists who scare me. LIke whats been said you get dark music and you get artist who just look like weirdos. Niether really bother me i guess.

Tool. I love them so much. But their videos are beyond terrifying and blood chilling.

You really have to watch this video to understand. It's almost as if it is mini horror film.

Please watch if you truly want to be disturbed.

But I can bet, you're all too afraid to watch it.

Reactions: Shu
Nick Cave's murder ballads may be disturbing, but the way in which they're played doesn't make them disturbing I don't think.

Yeah, I admit that guy can be amazing, but also down right werid :/ Im not even goin near the book he wrote, Nick Cave is odd enough :p

Last edited:
I was thinking of Tool for the exact same reason. Love their music, but the only thing I can think of that would have inspired their videos, is falling asleep in an old abandoned asylum and having a nightmare.

Last edited:
I was thinking of Tool for the exact same reason. Love their music, but the only thing I can think of that would have expired their videos, is falling asleep in an old abandoned asylum and having a nightmare.
Yea, exactly! It's terrifyingly blood chilling. That's why they've always been an Artist that disturbed me.

I've always been freaked out by the Gorillaz. They would show a commercial for the latest "Now That's What I Call Music" CD, and when they had a song on there, they would show a clip of the cartoon video and just scared the hell out of me. Not to mention sometimes the songs sounded depressing. I haven't watch any of their videos in full yet, though I probably should. A lot of people seem to like them. I'm overcoming fears everyday, the Gorillaz will come soon enough. >_>

It would have to be Lady Gaga... I just simply don't get it, why would you wear an outfit made out of meat?
Also going abit off topic Chris Brown, that man shouldn't be anywhere near music it's the least he deserves, not that i'm freaked out by him just freaked out at the fact people still buy his music, but that's just a personal opinion.

Marilyn Manson always creeped me out back in High School...I didn't really love or hate his music too much, but when I saw music videos of them on MTV I had to turn them off. He's just so bizarre. I don't know/care if he's changed or not since then, but.

I really like Nine Inch Nails, but this video was pretty gruesome and disturbing...

Tool is another really disturbing group, particularly with their song Schism. But it doesn't strike me so much as that Nine Inch Nails video, so.

Anna Varney Cantodea of Sopor Aeternus is delightfully creepy. I enjoy his/her music but there are some songs which are a little OTT for me, and let's not get started on the music videos! Though Anna is a disturbing individual there is just something about him/her that is fascinating and even a little beautiful.

Back