Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Just wondering how many of us are?

I am, they can take what they want when I'm dead I'l be too busy being dead to care what they take out of me, though, I doubt they will want my liver, but still...

I've not got the card anymore, but I assume it's on some database...somewhere..... it was yonks back 8F

Indeed. For much the same reason. Hell, I won't need 'em anymore. So in the words of the late Mitch Hedberg, "Fuck it, cut 'em up!"

We've got little heart icons on our Driver's Licenses, as well as the Registry, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm an organ donor, they can take whatever they want after I die. It'll be a 'everything must go' sale!

*Mod Edit: Can you please lengthen your posts in post count sections. This is classed as spam. Please keep this in mind for future reference. Thank you.*

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to sign up, but you would have mine? Im not the fittest person on the planet. Im just not keen on my eyes being taken. I think theyre like eyes to the soul and Id rather no one else have them.

Isn't everyone an organ donor? I'm not sure whether they've enforced the bill or it was just some government debate. But I'm sure I've read somewhere that you will have to carry a card saying you don't want to donate...I've definitely read that somewhere >.>

I know that here, you're asked on your driver's license/I.D. card or whatever if you want to be a donor, and i think it's an orange dot here that says donor here. I don't have an I.D. or license or anything on me right now, but maybe I'll check later and make sure.

I am a donor... I see it as something good coming out of a horrible thing. The statistics are something like 40 people could be saved from one person's organs or something. I'm not exactly sure though. Either way, if they want my heart or lungs or anything... they can have them. Let someone else live when I'm all done.

I'm not a donor.

...Ever since I was old enough to understand this topic, I never wanted to. I'm thankfull and glad there's people out there who DO do this, but... :gonk: I feel so uncomfortable with it...

It might change when I'm even older, than I change my mind or something, but I doubt... I like my body to be in one piece...

Sounds rather selfish seeing it can save lives... :hmmm:

Nope, I'm not an organ donor. My organs are going to be worm food, just like me (so long as I don't get killed in a brutal way that I couldn't be buried). I had an organ donor mark on my school ID, but the government sees me as not being one. They can battle it, but I never wanted it in the first place.

Besides, worms enjoy eating Liver, Kidney, Heart and I think the Brain is a delicacy. :ryan:

Isn't everyone an organ donor? I'm not sure whether they've enforced the bill or it was just some government debate. But I'm sure I've read somewhere that you will have to carry a card saying you don't want to donate...I've definitely read that somewhere >.>

Not in the UK, where it's 'opt-in' rather than 'opt-out' - there's been some discussion about changing it to how you say in the UK but nothing more than that. I think it should be changed but that's another story.

Omfg, a message on FB made my pc spaz and I lost a MASSIVE post :rage:

Anyway, wtf was I saying...

I'm almost certain there isnt anything on my provisonal to say Im a donor, though I know I checked a box, there were 2, one for like, the basic organs and shit and another one after your retinas and other things I cant remember, I didnt check that box at the time, because it creeped me out. Though now, as long as Im not dismembered and Im still in one peice then tbh, anything goes

I dont understand why people dont want to do it, even if most of your organs are dud, they still might be able to salvage something, and thats better than nowt. It's not like you need them, and if nothing is usable, well, at least you tried. Ive heard people say but im squeamish...dude, you will be dead, whats to squeam over? Tick the box and forget about it pal

I might have to further investigate this... just incase :hmmm:

I wonder how many people sit there and say my relative/friend needs this or that, but they arent donors themselves.....

There was a debate as to whether it should be opt-out as opposed to opt-in but I think they scrapped it. Regardless, I think family members can contest organ donation even if you're registered. But if it was opt-out then you'd have just as much people who were always meaning to opt-out as we have meaning to opt-in at the moment. I think I am...I may've ticked the box on some form or another. I want to give blood too, but I hate needles and I really couldn't be arsed with the carry on you've to go through initially and every visit thereafter.

If any of my organs are of any use when I die I'd rather they go to someone who needs them than rot away in the ground or be kept ashified with a gazillion other people in a jar.

hmmmm i dont know if im an organ doner! how do you know this aha. i would like to be! twould be awsome knowing (kinda haha) that someone was alive because of me. i've heard of things aswell when people get dead people organs sometimes they get some of their abilities such as good at drawing and the likes. how weird? :)

Well not currently but I might consider it one day. When I die, I have no use for my organs, but what do I know ... what if somehow I can be brought back to life.. but then again I would need to be frozen.

Seriously though.. I'll think about this good and hard.. to debate it, it is based purely on opinion right now. For now, No I do not think I'll be an organ donor.

IM not actually.
Naturally i dont mind giving away organs when im dead, im not gunna need them and if it can help someone else then its all a good thing.
Its something il have to get round to doing someday to make sure that it happens.

I'm not a donor.

...Ever since I was old enough to understand this topic, I never wanted to. I'm thankfull and glad there's people out there who DO do this, but... :gonk: I feel so uncomfortable with it...

It might change when I'm even older, than I change my mind or something, but I doubt... I like my body to be in one piece...

Sounds rather selfish seeing it can save lives... :hmmm:

Pretty similar to me too.

One of the main things I fear in dying is my body being cut up and taken apart... I know I'll be dead, and thinking that is illogical, but to me... Having people just casually examine me and take me apart with me lying on the table, not really caring for me, but me essentially being meat on a slab does not sit well with me.

It's always been one of my worst fears.. Though I'll end up like this anyway for my post-mortem so it's lose-lose. :sad2:

I know it is for a good cause and would save lives, so I congratulate anyone that does... I might change, and I guess if an emergency calls for it I wouldn't mind, but I really personally hate the idea of my body being looted when I'm dead.

If I did agree to it, it would be if there was a huge shortage they couldn't possibly get from anyone who didn't mind.. Otherwise I'd really rather not.

EDIT-
No I am not a donor yet. I'm pretty sure I haven't ticked anything.

Last edited:
I'm a donor. I don't really care either way if I'm buried with my organs or without them. So I decided I may as well donate them. Not because I want my organs to help someone else to live because that's of no importance to me. If I could think of a good reason for not being an organ donor I wouldn't donate. But because I can't, I think it's more practical for someone else to use them.

As of right now, no. I habe given the idea some thought though. I suppose i wouldn't really mind. Hep a person who needs it cause i wouldn't. Plus the worms could eat my brains if they were hungry. Or whatever else was left i suppose.

I... am not an organ donor... I know that I should be... but something about the whole concept creeps me out. I mean, I might change my mind, but I get all naucious thinking about it. I myself, hope I change my mind one day.

At the moment I'm not, but I intend to be.

Maybe when I go to renew my drivers license they'll give me the forms I had to fill out last time and I can tick the box for that option.

I intend to be cremated after I die, so I don't care if they take a few organs that will be useful to someone else first.

Really I know it sounds a bit yuck and all, having someone cut you open and fiddle around with your insides.

But you are not going to wake up and find that you need your heart and your liver only to find that they've already taken it.

You're dead. You have no use for it anymore.

I understand that it is a personal choice but what if you were in desperate need for a heart transplant and the one person that could save you didn't tick the Organ Donor box that day. =/

Last edited:
My dad loves to tell the story that if you are infact an organ donor, and they see this after you've been in a really bad accident, and the percentage of you living is below 50%, they're going to allow you to die so they can take your organs. >.>

I don't know if I should believe him or laugh and say what ever.

Either or, the lady at the DMV gave me a dirty look when I tried to say no, so I said yes. :P I will donate my organs to any lucky person who has a rare blood type like me.

Back