Anyone else use the grinding area in Giza Plains?

BobbyG

Gil
Hey guys... I just wondered because I’ve always used a little trick to grind like crazy in the Giza Plains area across the bridge where the hunt is.

Has anyone else used this area to grind because I got to level 70 taking no damage and using next to no MP?

My memories of this game are unfortunately very vague as I haven't touched it in about ten years. However, I do recall spending a lot of time at Giza Plains and I think I did used to use the area to grind.

Another place I liked to grind at in the earlier stages of the game was the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea area. I remember listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes on my iPod whilst doing that back in the day!

When I did my plays; I would spend hours in Giza plains then Giza Rains to
prepare for the next big area for exploration for boss battles in particular.

Did either of you used petrify on the adamantoise in that area?... it’s a trick I use all the time to keep them respawning... I had assumed someone else would discovered and shared it but have not seen any guides so curious as to whether I’m the only one to find this out lol

Did either of you used petrify on the adamantoise in that area?... it’s a trick I use all the time to keep them respawning... I had assumed someone else would discovered and shared it but have not seen any guides so curious as to whether I’m the only one to find this out lol
That's a new one to me!

So if they become petrified then you still get the exp and then they respawn rather quickly? That's a neat trick.

That's a new one to me!

So if they become petrified then you still get the exp and then they respawn rather quickly? That's a neat trick.
Yeah.... equip the bubble belt so you’re immune to the water attacks, and equip the Double XP for the usable characters, the double license points for the back up ones.

you literally never have to leave the area and they respawn by the time you’ve walked around.

I always used to equip the mythril dagger I think and just stand there while I waited for it to petrify.

Little tip for anyone who wants to use it for this game

If anyone would like to try this out and let me know how they get on with it that’d be cool

Last edited:
BobbyG Please mind double posting as it's against the site rules. I've gone ahead and merged your last two posts. ;)

If anyone would like to try this out and let me know how they get on with it that’d be cool
I think I might have to wait until I purchase the Zodiac Age version of the game before I try this out for myself. I technically still have my old PS2 copy but not sure if I have everything else that I'd need in order to actually play it!

There are some members here who are playing this game right now, or have been on-and-off recently. If they don't see this then I'll link them to this tip!

Thanks!

Back