Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Minor spoilers for Stormblood's Omega quests below. Very minor, but you have been warned!

latest

So after completing Stormblood's Omega quests, Alpha heads off on a happy adventure. Are you meant to actually find him at random places in the world?

I didn’t expect to ever bump into him. Yet here he was in the Sea of Clouds!

I couldn’t interact with him or anything but I found him talking to a Gundu (or is it a Vundu? I forget which is good or evil).

Polyphemos Bromios 21_02_2020 23_48_56.jpg

Polyphemos Bromios 21_02_2020 23_49_39.jpg

In the second screenshot I have me and my wind-up Alpha just to prove that it was the real Alpha there as well.

So is this where he stays? Or does he move about elsewhere? Has anyone else noticed this?

The other week I was completing minor FATEs in the Black Shroud to finish up the Yokai stuff, and look who I found again!

Polyphemos Bromios 12_10_2020 23_45_09.jpg

Polyphemos Bromios 12_10_2020 23_45_34.jpg

I saw Alpha Chocobo walk up to the excavation site and stare for a couple of minutes, then mini-Omega joined him. A short while after I took the screenshots they then both turned around and left together to continue their travels.

This is a seriously neat feature. I wonder where else they might pop up? I've only ever encountered them on the two occasions I've discussed in this thread, so it must be quite a rare thing to witness.

I haven't encountered this one myself yet, but I randomly discovered this tweet on Twitter of another place you can potentially find Alpha Chocobo.

I wonder how many locations there actually are? I've still only found him twice myself, but there must be others out there.

And I wonder how many people even realise that this is a thing!

Back